The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

comments to Flipside

thank you! it got to the stage where i had to make sketches and layouts (especially to know where the furniture is, and how the stairs go up..)and maps and stuff :roll: if i ever do them up properly, i might edit one or two in... :lol:

thank you! it got to the stage where i had to make sketches and layouts (especially to know where the furniture is, and how the stairs go up..)and maps and stuff :roll: if i ever do them up properly, i might edit one or two in... :lol:

:lol: sounds familiar :lol: at one point i sketched a map with Asgard and Jötunheim, and suddenly realised that i had it the wrong way round! what i knew had to be east, in my head it was on the left side of the map :crit: i was rather upset about it :roll::lol:

very familiar! i had to work back at one point and figure out what day it was, and then i discovered a bit later that i'd got it wrong.... then i found the distances between places didn't work, which is why i had to rough out a map... sigh. then i needed to know where everything was in the house, and the yard.... :roll: if i don't do it, my mind niggles at it until i do.

yes, nothing worse than feeling adrift with stuff like that - i think it takes away the reality, as if you do not feel on solid ground. and when you write about pixies or shape shifters, the ground has to be solid alright :lol:

solid as a solid thing that is being very solid.......

This is fascinating. :chacha: I love the addition of Rosie, of course, and how extremely practical & resourceful Malin is. I would be trying to get to ...somewhere..anywhere, to get help but she is hunkering down. It's especially interesting to me as it's so different from my instincts.

I love the counter point ,in between planning for every contingency ,of flashes of pixie awareness. :roflmao:

I love the counter point ,in between planning for every contingency ,of flashes of pixie awareness. :roflmao:

yes, that was excellent. i think that is precisely how it works when you try to avoid something with all might … it keeps yelling at you from the back ground.

whoa!!! :wow::waggle: interesting developments! :jump: we won't have to wait long for the next chapter, will we? :batting3:

..the rest of chapter three tomorrow, then it's wait for next weekend. :manic:

Well, 2 interesting fellows there. :chacha: Interesting times ahead. I love that image of the old ones "turning sideways to the sun".

nicked from an old Horslips song... :manic:

we were wise, oh so wise, not given to lies or deceit,

juggled secrets at our finger tips, wore diamonds at our feet,

we showed you ways to play old airs, you said we could be friends

but when our backs were turned, you got us in the end...

we're the mystery of the lake when the water's still,

we're the laughter in the twilight you can hear beyond the hill,

we'll stay around to watch you laugh, destroy yourselves for fun

but you won't see us, we've grown sideways to the sun....

if my memory serves me right.. :swoon:

mad, i've just started reading "flipside" and it is totally and completely engrossing. more when i've got a little further into it. you rock!