The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

comments to Flipside

i love it!!! :oh::jump::flower:

an instant expert in imaginary physiology

:lol:

it was too short, though :crit: what did you say when you'd post the next part …?

too short? harrumphfff! i am averaging a bit over 3000 words per chapter!

patience, Moo-ling, patience, Friday evening sees the first section of Chapter 5....

too short? harrumphfff! i am averaging a bit over 3000 words per chapter!

:lol: yes, that is a familiar reaction :lol::smooch:

the problem is that one reads, and wants to keep reading …

i like the pointy eared little guy :yes:

the problem is that one reads, and wants to keep reading …

yeah, i get that with everyone else's stories!

and when you're writing you either get so engrossed in what they're doing or get in a toadal panic because they're not letting you know....

and when you're writing you either get so engrossed in what they're doing or get in a toadal panic because they're not letting you know....

oh yes … :neutral:

or you wake up at three thirty and realise that you can throw away a pile of text because you made a mistake :lol:

oh yes indeed. or you think you might have made a mistake and need to check before you can go on, and are torn as to whether to get up and look, or try to get back to sleep, or wonder if you WILL get back to sleep because it's bugging you so much.....

yes … i have a notebook next to my bed, but it doesn't help when i need to check what i have already written. :crit:

and once i have checked, i am wide awake anyway. :bigeyes:

..and i broke my bedroom specs, somehow......

i have a horror of forgetting what it was that i remembered and letting an error through... i scream at books when there is a noticeable continuity error or timing mistake etc and as such i think i should really try hard not to be guilty myself.....

but then there is the occasional time when aiming for accuracy can be hell for the story dynamic... gaah:

yes, it is always a difficult balance. and there are those rushes when the story is pouring out - and then the picking through it to see if it holds up with brain switched on :lol: (and the disappointment when it doesn't :neutral: )

and the allegedly brilliant night-time ideas, jotted down, that turn out to be total crap read at daytime :lol: and the brilliant idea you did not write down because it was just so good it would be impossible to forget - only in the morning the head is tabula rasa :neutral:

:roll:

why don't we pick a nice relaxing hobby, i wonder …?

:dunno:

and then there is the stuff that comes up in dreams that is just too good to waste, and you have to find out where it fits.... :manic: though that needs writing down FAST before it evaporates...

why don't we pick a nice relaxing hobby, i wonder …?

it's weird... it can leave you alone for ages, and then it suddenly sticks its teeth into you and you HAVE to write it down, get it out, howl at the moon... not so much a hobby as something more like vampirism or being a werewolf.... (which reminds me, i need to watch Being Human for this week)... :lol:

so you think there is no hope? we are doomed to wake through nights, spilling lifeblood on paper …? :neutral:

:vampire::count:

:lol::smooch:

once a story gets its teeth into you, yes......

(mind you if it manifested like the guy playing the vampire in Being Human, it could chew me out any time.... :swoon:)

:lol::waggle: being chewed on (or out :p ) by a vampire …

(does depend on the vampire, of courese :dracula: )

the one on the left.... :manic: