The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Arts&Crafts - the worx

Behold - the Salmon of Doubt......

megafish.jpg

(pic courtsey of Tats)

The fins are mirror, the rest is glass beads, bits of plates, and tiles. It still needs the wooden backing varnished, to keep out the wet. It IS round- the angled bit on the right is something else lurking behind it.

(The little orangey-red chap is the Gecko of Impudence...)

my quilt by Jude:

quilt.jpg

bookmark by bess:

bookmark.jpg

bookmark02.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of a few of my stain glass pieces. I have more that I'd have to upload. Of course most of you will know my pride and joy is my fireplace screen that is the theme of the Hobbit. Smaug over Lonely Mountain, Gandalf and the One Ring with Mt. Doom. That one I'll have to upload latter.

This is my lamp in our lounge.

d73c5cec.jpg

I created this for my husband for his office. It is the logo for the Golf Course where he is the Superintendent.

TBRLogo2.jpg

Of course we all know the story of this piece.

As for fingers surviving working with stain glass, no matter how thick the callous on each finger becomes, there are still many times I donate my blood freely. It all depends on the type of glass selected. Some have shards that are better then any surgeons scaple. Doing my fancy soldering is another time that I will tear my fingers to shreds if I gets points unwanted. If I'm trying to do dragon claws with the soldering then I'm expecting points and careful while feeling the soldering lines.

Logo2.jpg

Yesterday Rain and I could not go to the American Museum as Rain's parents were not able to look after Koda, so we paid tribute to our favourite place at Rain's house...

...a tussie mussie...

Raintussiemussie.jpg

...then we made (very seasonal) felt mice in walnut shell cradles to hang on the Christmas tree...

This was Rain's with such a sweet turned up nose!!!

mouse3.jpg

...and mine...

mouse2.jpg

This one gives an idea of scale...

mouse1.jpg

I haven't drawn in ages... but today felt like doing something creative yet not too laborious. Horses are always close at hand :pony:

Bild2.jpg

Here are some of my quilts:

These first 2 pix are of my 9-11 quilt.

usa_quilt.jpg

usa_quilt2.jpg

quilt1.jpg

A fishy one for Ben

fish_quilt.jpg

triangle_quilt.jpg

the next 3 are of my favorite quilt. It was great fun to do. I just started at the top and kept adding rows.

purple_quilt.jpg

purple_quilt2.jpg

purple_quilt3.jpg

Elk for Ben

elk_quilt.jpg

The raffle quilt for tomorrow

quilt2.jpg

oookay.... dunno what I've put up before, so if I duplicate, please forgive.

first up : two for the price of one. a pic and a hobo from France.....

grapes.jpg

this one's a half-face mask, ink and wax crayon on cardboard...part of a whole series of wildlife and fantasy masks done for work.

mermaid.jpg

re masks - I'll add more when uploads are being nice to me. take so long, the work comp timed out..grrr.

Meanwhile... pencil, fenders & sailbags on the boat deck...

kh_tyres2.jpg

This is along the coast from here, round the corner from Pennan where they made some of the film 'Local Hero'. It's a place called New Aberdour - Old Red Sandstone, and has the most wonderful rock pools.

Rotring pen, for the interested.

New_aberdour_arch.jpg

.. I wish I scanned these things on the straight and level!!

:hey: during the week of bad weather when i couldn't leave the house, i got busy with scissors, glue and paper :oh:

and not really knowing what would end up, cut up a gallery catalogue and glued the 'little art' to coloured paper -

picturesgluedinplace.jpg

i then got really ambitious with the paper cutter and made frames for each of the little artworks, from 4 layers of coloured paper - i played with the coloured paper until the combination looked right for each little piece. a paper punch hole in the top and some twine for a loop -

tags.jpg

i took them to my art group's Christmas potluck where everyone got to choose two - one with orange paper, and one without. it was interesting to overhear people making their choices.

what fun, for just paper and glue.

the leftovers i hung on the freebie plastic tree that came my way -

taggedtree.jpg

As promised, one of my elkhound ornaments. I made two - one for our tree, and one for my parents' tree.

In this photo you can also see one of the walnut shell mice cradles I made.

Picture087.jpg

Not sure if this is the place to post these but I just thought I'd share some pics of a new lamp shade that I made. Was very easy and to make, but silly me had not figured out that the "S" shape blub fixture was just too wide. The bulbs were up agaist the glass so I had to buy new bulb fixture that fit better. But I loved the shape becacuse e it is narrow and I can make any design on the front that I choose. I choose the lilly because the I had this lamp base and it had rounded leaves going down the base. They look very much like water lilly leaves.

lampfront2web.jpg

one of the front of the shade

lampfront1web.jpg

another on of the front of the shade

lampshadesideweb.jpg

the side view

lampbackweb.jpg

the back of the lamp

Not a very good shot (I had to scan it from one of my Mum's prints, as my camera is still dead), but it's a photo of our Christmas table, which was themed around gingerbread men this year.

I made the table runner, and the gingerbread men in cellophane bags next to the plates (though you can't see them too well in the photo).

Christmastable-1.jpg

this is a silk patchwork vest i made quite a while ago - it still is one of my favourte things to wear for occasions where i have to to a certain amount of dressing up. it is a very simple loose cut (and quite big, too), and goes over almost everythng, preferable in black. :p i used some old silk blouses for it, and added silks i bought for this. it was fun laying the pieces out to make the colours work. :oh:

silk.jpg

i've been trying to knit cupcakes, then felt them so they can be used as pincushions. results not good yet :no:

what did work out quite well was a little felt bag :oh:

afeltbag.jpg

searching around on old back-up CDs, i found a photo i took as a cover illustration for a play called "Ommlett" :p it was about a Hamlet perfprmance going totally wrong in a very funny way. i used a simple hand puppet i dressed up and gave it a (real) monkey skull to hold ... (it was supposed to mean, "Hamlet in a very small way" :lol: )

ommlett.jpg

:p

here is one you might like better, Marsie:

muusbuck.jpg

the mouse is homemade :p and since the old telephone is a real one, the mouse is also quite huge :lol:

it was a play called "De Muusbuck", which is the word for a male mouse, and the guy so named was working in an office. he also tried to overcome the image (which of course is one of timidity), and tried to act mega-cool. :cool: hence the set-up with glasses and cigarette.

i was digging through my archive trying to find rhododendron pics (and of course didn't find what i was looking for :lol: )., and came across the following (very long ago) craft projects :lol:

for a while i had a thing for knitting small dolls:

5dolls.jpg

A_doll.jpg