The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Arts&Crafts - the worx

the creativity of our mad knows no bounds - here are the two beaded insect ornaments she sent. i forgot to scan the snowflake :blush2: which i'll do later.

they are a nice small size, the bee is only about as big as my thumbnail :oh:

maddragonfly.jpg

madweebee.jpg

i made a paper house for my sis this year, after she had been lusting after the one i gave my friend for her wedding …

gesashaus.jpg

(it is rather small, the main house is about 3 inch long)

now i have used some more stolen photos :p

i made a leporello for a friend whose 40th birthday is on sunday (Nestor's mom, actually :p )

the leporello is in the mail, but i had to show you guys:

uta01.jpg

uta02.jpg

uta03.jpg

uta04.jpg

the background pics are from magazines, the portraits of Uta are, of course, mine.

the easy thing about the collages was that i didn't glue them at all, but just assembled them on the desk, and took photos. then i added the portraits in photoshop, put 6 pics on one A4 sized document, and printed them. some cropping, some careful folding, 3 pieces of sticky tape - voilà!

uta_lepo.jpg

so i did it... she has to wait until her birthday (15 March) and i have yet to go through the trauma of printing it at work but.. what do you think....??

mumcard09-01.jpg

mumcard09-02.jpg

mumcard09-03.jpg

mumcard09-04.jpg

betimes, i've been working on a b.d. card for my SIL who made a most beautiful quilt for her bro' (my beloved). it is an accordion card, too. opens out at 5 x 80 inches, packs neatly at just over 8 inches long.

i thought she would like a photo record of it, each of the 15 patchwork squares is different. there is space for her to write notes. we wrote the b.d. greeting on the back of the first facing page, illustrated with a smaller picture of the quilt, like a title page (yes if you can see the tiny writing, her name is Kate!).

i printed the pictures on several sheets of photo paper, cut them up and glued them to the accordion pages, which are card stock, exact halves of our (NA) standard letter size paper. the pages i taped on both sides at the seam for a flexible fold. it took me 3 hours. and i hope she gets it by her b.d. of this Saturday. i'm tired :neutral::swoon:

coverofcard2.jpg

card.jpg

DSCN1311.jpg

This is the "forgotten quilt" ( not sure yet if it's evil or not) I found in the closet. I think the footprints meant something at one time but can't remember what now.

ok, this is it... strip by strip, so you have to imagine it all side by side - the last one is the same size, but the bucket saves it bigger....

mday091.jpg

mday092.jpg

mday093.jpg

mday094.jpg

mday095.jpg

probably the best place for this... when face painting, one has to advertise...

DSCF0846.jpg

(turned 90 degrees to make sense)

i also paint arms, and use the available canvas to try things out!

this was the week of finished projects :lol:

Astrid got the afghan/blanket i knitted for her:

decke_astrid.jpg

as i told you, i made my first-ever papercut.

sketching (after a picture of our house in 1965):

papercut1.jpg

papercut2.jpg

trying out ways to cut the trees

papercut3.jpg

using the big magnifying glass

papercut4.jpg

the finished piece (small, maybe 5 inch / 12 cm wide)

papercut5.jpg

i think it looks too harsh on black, so i used a beige-ish piece of paper for an underlay.

the gift was very well received :manic:

and third and last: the embroidery i started on saturday and finished today. the design is rather lousy :roll: (i should have spent more time on it …) but it still was fun to do.

it says, "Now at it with a thousand men" and is something our dad used to say when he was way too late with something. (you see, it is genetic and in my upbringing … :p ) my brother, the one who is getting it for his birthday, has adopted this saying lately :lol: (with reason).

originally i meant to make this tiny, but then i realised that i haven't done embroidery for so long, i better not push my luck … it ended up being about 13 x 18 cm. the little men were an afterthought, and they are the only thing i am really happy with … (the A in "RAN" is one big mistake :lol: )

well, the whole thing is just an elaborate gag, so he will forgive me the sloppy design i think …

jetztaber.jpg

:smart: there are some things you just have to tolerate :neutral: (for as long as possible :roll: )

:idea: i did a little craft today. :yes: i wanted a doo-dad, a "value added" sort of thing to go with the receipt when someone bought a subscription for my magazine. i messed around with scrap card and the magazine logo, got out my stencil cutter and came up with this 'paper' clip novelty.

paperclipidea.jpg

then i thought it shouldn't stick out, the packet i hand to the buyer should be an even rectangle, and the folded corner was the result. oh i'm so smart :silly2:

receiptbrochureclipfold-1.jpg

the pieces are 4.5 cm. across

i printed 6 pages of 12 logos each, laminated them and that should do (if we use half that at the next event, that's good :yes2: )

the knotty result of my first ever whittling session:

schnitz.jpg

:manic:

Okay, on request.. before doing these it was a while since I painted, been uninspired I guess. My ex got me into listening to The Smiths which for me was unknown territory and I got hooked and for some reason I got really inspired by it, spriritually and musically and felt like painting some sort of "thank you for the music" thing. :p turned into these four paintings of the 2 creative forces (Johnny Marr & Morrissey) behind the music and 2 song interpretations.

the one I did today was the last,

johnny2.jpg

johnnydetail.jpg

and all of them..

Bild1.jpg

each one is 50x25 cm.

:blush2: