The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Arts&Crafts - the worx

i also made handpuppets out of fabric; this ona actually was for tv, for a children's program, it is supposed to be a doctor :lol:

he had a second life in my brother's office in the waiting room for the patients, to distract the little ones.

drdoll.jpg

from a certain point on i made small emboideries for each of the new babies in the family.

/everyone of them by now grown up :lol: )

i have only a few of them as photos, there are nine around :p

you may notice that i went from very naive to a little more sophisticated :p

ties.jpg

moritz.jpg

ok, wasn't too moth-eaten although the eyes got damaged - just so ya know, the 'angel' is the smaller of the two :angel:

and it is knitted of silk/cashmere for the body, silk for the wings and silk fluff for the hair

dollsknitted2.jpg

Here are some of Ben's carvings, different techniques.

elk2.jpg

elk1.jpg

goat.jpg

caribou.jpg

fish_whole.jpg

fish_close.jpg

angel.jpg

eagle.jpg

gorilla.jpg

in a completely different department now, here is one of the crafty-beady results from my visitors the other day. there were other photos taken but too blurry in all the excitement. this one looks a bit odd because i had to promise i wouldn't show all the hairs on her arm, so i employed cut and paste :roll:

the company left very happy with their beady creations. i didn't make anything except lunch :lol:

bracelet.jpg

Mackie asked me to post a picture of this - it's an rag doll I made in traditional Amish style (no face as it would be considered a graven image and therefore an insult to God).

I had a pattern from the beautiful quilt shop Sue and I went to, but it was such a disaster that I ended up throwing that away and making it up as I went along - the bonnet was a bit fiddly, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_0566.jpg

i think i want an earlier child of yours here, too, if that is okay with you: Rain's Arwen.

dollrain.jpg

not really arts&crafts ... :crit: but i am making a few pics and articles for a friend's wedding newspaper, and since she was here this afternoon, i managed a few pics of her little son, and made this:

before:

nestor.jpg

after:

AirSteinhausen.jpg

well, wedding is tomorrow, and the two ladies who are organising it, have arranged for a house made of paper, to hold the gifts from those guests who have decided to give the new couple money (they are planning to build a house ...). and to not let the money house stand all on its own, they asked for the guests to bring houses, too, to make a small village, or at least a street ... this plan came along a little late in the proceedings, and from the slightly frantic emailing i suspect they didn't get too many promises for houses, so i mad one, too. it is basically just two small boxes covered in printout from stuff i pulled from google and collaged on photoshop - walls, windows, doors and so on.

it was fun :lol:

utahaus01.jpg

utahaus02.jpg

utahaus03.jpg

it is small, something like 6" on the longest side.

:lol::joy:

the wedding newspaper / magazin had Houses as theme., too. i made the cover illustration, using a pic of the house they are now living in as a base ...

haus.jpg

(the house is just a shoe-box-y square white thing ...)

okay - here's the work in progress to date. slightly warped cos it's 2 pics stitched together, and still in need of numerous more ducks.. and an otter.....

sb1.jpg

i'll try and get some closer pics of bits of it, but it was a bit manic today....

here is the promised piccy, although small because i made a mess of the middle. :neutral:

whatidoinmysparetime.jpg

the star is about 3 inches in diam.

bigger than the picture :s

here is something else i've been working on, still at the experimenting stage - it is silk 'paper' - unspun silk held together with textile medium. there is an imprint of a leaf on it.

when i nail the process, i'll need to think of something to make with it :roll:

silkpaper.jpg

beware! i am now going to inflict the results of my most recent slave work on you. :p

it is a program for a childrens play, "Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten" (The Bremen Town Musicians), about four old animals who leave the farm they have grown old on because they are afraid they ar going to end up dead very soon, not being efficient anymore. (i haave no clue if this is an international or just a german tale ... it is a Bother Grimms tale, though, so maybe you guys know it, too.)

(i have to let you know that the girl in orange is supposed to be te old lady cat :lol::cat: )

01.jpg

0203.jpg

0405.jpg

1213.jpg

1415.jpg

16.jpg

(lyrics for one of the songs)

20.jpg

(the back)