The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
jana

snapshots, without a camera

:p i was rather amused to see the piece above the new one :lol: not very versatile, me :p

this evening, returning from the shop, driving along the coast road. to the left, the golf course and the dunes. beyond that, the sea. it's practically dark, and the full moon is rising.

it's huge, lemon-coloured, set against a sky that looks like deep blue-grey crushed velvet, the ruckles forming the clouds, with the slight pale sheen that comes from reflected earthlight. the face of the man-in-the-moon looks down serenely, if a little jaundiced. slowly, it slides up into the cloud, a thin grey veil drawn down over a cheddar cheese.....

This was on my Daily Literary Quote site today, it seems like this is a good place to share it:

"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstacy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was. If you can get to so that you can give that to people then you are a writer."

Ernest Hemmingway

I find that here in the stories that you all choose to share, They transport me away to other places & times and lives. :flower::smooch: