The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
jana

snapshots, without a camera

i think this scene belongs here, too. :oh:

I once saw a delightfully funny scene involving one of those. As I drove into town a black Lab in one of those collars came trotting into the road from a local Vet's. Right behind was a large and well dressed lady in a black suit, heels & a big brimmed hat. The woman was big but had those tiny feet & legs some do. The dog would trot a few feet. The woman would tippy toe almost up to the pooch & then it would be off again. They did this all across the road and into a field. With them both being almost all black except for the big white collar, and sillouetted against the horizon it looked like a scene from a Fellini film. :roflmao: I hope & assume they get reunited and all was well. When I last looked there was a Vet's assistant joining them.

Guest Sue

yes indeed - the perfect place and a great scene!

:lol: i can *see* it. :lol:

night and evening play tug of war and evening has already lost interest. you can tell from the way the glowing blue has darkened into a cobalt. at a traffic light, the red light glowers at a small, silver car. its yellow-white headlight stares at my head sticking out of my square car window. i don't notice because i'm enthralled by the near-complete moon. it'll be full moon later tonight and la luna is luminous. her soft rainbow aura radiates. the craters run down the moon like tresses of moondust-coloured hair. i wonder if the moon can see the sun, past the clouds and the darkness. and i wonder if the sun is looking down with amusement at a glowering red traffic light.

it was quite cute. :yes: and the moon was beautiful. :yes:

I was standing in the queue at Boots at lunchtime when I caught sight of an elderly gentleman talking to two of the staff who were merchandising a christmas display. He was rather nattily dressed - shirt and tie, red pullover, tweed jacket, long black umbrella - and the two assistants seemed rather flustered by his attention. As the cashier rang in my purchase, I heard the most wonderful sound, rising about the bustle of the store. In a clear and sweet voice, the old man was serenading the two women with Something Good, from the The Sound of Music

"Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could

But somewhere in my youth, or childhood

I must have done something good"

My cashier shook her head and laughed. I wanted to applaud. Or to cry, or to run over and duet with him. To let him know that he had awoken the song in my heart at that moment.

I wondered whether the man was married? Widowed? Perhaps he had sung to his wife on their wedding day? Or perhaps they would sing together, he singing the Captain and her Maria? I like to think that he will go home today and watch the Sound of Music and smile, thinking of the two young women who blushed at his serenade. I know I shall think of him when I watch the film, and I believe that the Captain will never sound quite so lovely to me as this white haired stranger.

Rain, what a beautiful scene! :heeart: and written beautifully, too. :kiss:

i bet he would have been delighted if you had duetted with him., Rain. :smooch:

i bet he would have been delighted if you had duetted with him., Rain. :smooch:

Yes, I'm sure he would have been.

I love that! Thank you so much for sharing that, Rain. I wonder if he would be surprised to know his serenade has spread out and affected people on the other side of the world. :oh:

I so much wished I'd had a camera with me this morning up at school. This will have to do:

As I sat at my table in the library correcting papers I could hear the children playing out on the concrete pad. I turned to look and make sure there was a teacher with them and saw one of those startling point-counterpoint moments.

In the near distance there were about 20 little kids playing a ball game happily on the pad. They were shouting and laughing as usual.

A little further on past them was a huge backhoe, just sitting idling. It's work was done, for the time being.

Further out is the cemetary with it's prettily decorated graves and crosses & gravestones and it's newly dug grave.

Tacking in and out of all levels of the scene was the gravedigger's dog, Leon.

The woman being burried today was a neighbor and friend. She was 98 and untill a couple of years ago she was perfectlly healthy and active. She was known for her pizza/pinochle parties she gave for everyone's birthdays. She never married ( probably why she lived so long :roflmao: ) but had about 85 nieces & nephews & greats & great greats)

The school has been there for 108 years so I imagine she played on that same field as a school girl.

I just liked the juxtaposition of all those elements.

I held it together during the funeral until the recessional....they sang The Prayer of St. Francis.

Jude, my lovely - no camera could have caught this the way you describe it - too many levels going beyond what is visible. that is a wonderful moment :smooch: