The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

comments to Hobbits in North India

:smooch: it is a complete joy to see everything from both your view points. :heart: it is also a great joy to see both of you in the rearview mirror :oh::manic:

i am eating up the new posts like they are my breakfast :oh:

:heart:

(love the hobbit striding along the mountain paths …)

:yes: Norbulingka is a really gorgeous place!

i am sorry i can't ID the trees - need close-ups and leaves, ideally :sad:

i heard yesterday that the Dalai Lama has retired, at least as head of Tibet-in-exile....there's a new, secular, elected chap.

:yes: Norbulingka is a really gorgeous place!

i heard yesterday that the Dalai Lama has retired, at least as head of Tibet-in-exile....there's a new, secular, elected chap.

:yes: and apparently the chinese are not too happy about it.

I Love the fact that Jana not only takes great pictures, but she also has a very unique (sometime funny, sometime beautiful) way to write about them :heart:

Also it's really lovely that you wrote that when you "came back to India" you read more about norbulingka...we were still in India but it really felt like somewhere else...so sweet

yes, reading the ducky adds yet another layer to it :yes:

:heart:

Also it's really lovely that you wrote that when you "came back to India" you read more about norbulingka...we were still in India but it really felt like somewhere else...so sweet

you know, i didn't even realise i'd written that. :roll: but it is true. it might geographically and politically be india but the tibetans have made it very much theirs. you can see india in dharamsala. :wink::nosee::lol:

i am eating up the new posts like they are my breakfast :oh:

it's a balanced meal. there's protein, fibre, minerals in the photos after all. :yes2:

ahhh. unfortunately, there weren't any leaves when we went. i might have one photo with a few flowers. i'll check.

in fact, we were there around the time when the dalai lama announced his decision to be only the spiritual leader and not both spiritual and political. it's a HUGE decision. changes centuries of tradition.

the flowering shrub...i can tentatively place it in the rose family but that's about as far as it goes... :dip: is ok on European species but.... :roll: :fail:

i love the real mountain goats... think that's one of my favorites....of course there are a lot of those!

my darling mad, you are not supposed to know the flora and fauna of india. for crying out loud, we indians haven't the faintest what we've got here. that's not to say hobbie and i can't be unrealistically optimistic. :manic::smooch:

hmm...actually, might be better on the fauna! :lol:

trek12-irma.jpg

that is such a gorgeous pic. :swoon: i love Irma in it (and how she is checking out the montaiin side for more trees to lure the duck to. :p ). and i love the colours and lines of table and glasses, and the landscape behind everything in a completely different set of colours and lines. :manic:

and the diagonals. :yes:

more fabulous pictures!!! the peaks are wonderful... there is a lovely air of calm in the flag shots...

how high were you? (wondering if there is an element of thinner air to the huffing and puffing, ducky - i remember it affected me in Mexico City..)

we were a little more than 1800 feet above sea level. i didn't have any altitude sickness, mad. the huffing and puffing was just the result of being fat and unfit. :climb::roll: