The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

A Glimpse of the Lake District

the greenery and the clouds! :swoon: my weekend's made with these pictures. they're just utterly and completely gorgeous. i love so many of them but the one of the bench in the distance, through the hedge, is possibly one of my favourites (despite the fact that it doesn't have any clouds). :oh::heart::flower::smooch:

i love the orchard with the wee meadow squares... but then, topiary always make me giggle - like giant wonky chesspieces, rather Alice-y...

That was my thought too, Mad. They looked like they would start moving and close you in. :silly2:

Mackie, did you make a wish in the dandelion field? Do people do that elsewhere? You make a wish and try to blow as much of the fluff away as you can.

The bag for the teacher's asst. is cute, and that is about my level of math expertise too. :roflmao:

All the teas look amazing, the food is so pretty and looks wonderfully rich. That teapot shop is so calling to me.

I have heard of Ha Has but wasn't sure what they were before. This is a beautiful and educational photo tour. Thank you for sharing it with us, it looks like a lovely trip.

we issssssssss terminally jealoussssssssss, pressssssssssciousssssssssssssssssss :wail:

Seriously, it looks like it was a :joy::oh:

it was :yes: i wanted to stay at least two weeks longer … :sigh:

the greenery and the clouds! :swoon:

i think it was the greenest place i have ever seen. and all those incredibly gorgeous trees!! i kept thinking of the Shire.

Mackie, did you make a wish in the dandelion field? Do people do that elsewhere? You make a wish and try to blow as much of the fluff away as you can.

yes, we do that, too :yes: i didn't, though - the field of them was just so gorgeous :lol:

i am glad you guys liked the tour :wink: i think my little new camera did very well. what surprised me most was that some of the stuff i took from the bus actually came out okay (in spite of occasional orange blurs :lol: )

Guest Candy

beautiful pics, Maike! :oh: thanks for taking us along! :flower:

I have heard of Ha Has but wasn't sure what they were before.

we had one at school! designed to keep the 'vista' but prevent the animals eating the garden. Jude, surely you've come across Discworld's BS Johnson version, the HoHo...a much deeper version, so called because of the echoey quality....

Discworld's BS Johnson version, the HoHo...a much deeper version, so called because of the echoey quality....

:roflmao:

:roflmao: The name doesn't ring a bell, must research....

Aha! Bloody Stupid, yes that rings the old bell, or more accurately, fires up the Opera House organ. :chacha:

Guest Girl from Mars

i have serious lake district envy now! :green: i love love love the photos, everything is so green and lovely and clean! and don't start me on the yummy food :slobber: i must go there one day :yes: thank you so much for sharing these stunning photos with us, mackie. :smooch:

Guest Girl from Mars

067.jpg

(i loved that china :oh:)

me too! did you by any chance find out what it is? i would buy this.

no, i did look under the cup, but i have forgotten what it was …

i found the place online and have asked them :lol: if i get a response, i'll let you know. :cup:

Guest Girl from Mars

awesome, ty mackie :smooch:

i have been wanting to come here - to the topic. it is a wonderful trip you have posted for us mackie :heart:

it really is just a glimpse - of the three full days we were there, i spent one in bed with Ms Migraine … well, but at least under the aegis of Her Majesty :wink:

gosh ... that was too bad. i hope Majesty was taking good care of you :s

The Bridge and the bridge - too funny :lol:

the topiary look threatening :duck::silly2: amazing, really.

i love the scenery. your companions are :heart: :heart: :heart: and the :shock::tea::swoon: :slobber: :lol::green:

some years ago my mother toured the same area, including Grasmere. she did not do :photo: now i get an idea of where she went :lol:

you and your new little camera 'did good' :up:

thank you!

i love it that you got a chance to see it now :smooch: