The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

Guest sweetp

Here's the movie thread

Hobbie, hello and I did rent a movie that I thought I'd tell you about:

Warm Springs, with Kenneth Branaugh. Its about FDR and his recovery from polio before he decided to run for public office. The actress playing Elanor Roosevelt did a very good job, I thought.

sweetp

:jump:

This is what i like about your recommendations, SweetP... Most of the time it's about movies that i've never heard of. Not too sure if i'll be abble to find this one here, but i'll have a look, cause most of the time i find Branagh to be good...

I recently saw a nice movie The Syrian Bride. It terms of filmography it's far from being the best ever, but the context of the story is very interesting and actors are great.

I recently saw a nice movie The Syrian Bride. It terms of filmography it's far from being the best ever, but the context of the story is very interesting and actors are great.

i saw the trailer and posters, and it looked interesting, but i never got around to seeing it.

oooh! i saw 'the syrian bride'. it was like a palestinian "monsoon wedding". :roll: but it was really nice as a story, i thought. very much a tearjerker. the bit with the u.n. representative running between the two 'offices' was so ridiculous and so infuriating by the end of it.

i saw a film called 'duma'. it's like a modern 'born free'. the boy's a terrible actor but then if i had a lifesize cheetah as my co-actor, i don't know how good an actor i would be. :p some of the film is nice but very stereotypical. i saw the copy that the studio had shown as a preview. :roll: amazing what pirates can acquire. :lol:

Guest Girl from Mars

Anyone saw Saw 2? I did see Saw and want to see Saw 2 too.

:lol::lol::lol:

I've no intention of seeing it, but that message made me laugh out loud.

I saw the Green Mile last night for the first time. Really enjoyed it. Michael Clarke Duncan was excellent.

Must go and see Walk the Line and Munich this week.

i saw the first one - i think i am too scared to watch another.

Guest sweetp

I liked it. And Craig is a huge Johnny Cash fan. He thought that Joaquin did a fine job.

And Hobbie, Warm Springs was an HBO film.

sweetp

I've seen a few clips of Warm Springs (whilst watching the Golden Globes, actually :blush:) and it looked quite good. Have always been a bit of a Branagh fan.

I saw the trailer for the Da Vinci Code the other day - looks a lot better than I thought it would (apart from Tom Hanks' hairdo :what:)

Guest Girl from Mars

I want to see Brokeback Mountain.

Saw the trailer of TDVC the other day, did Tom Hanks look very young or is it an optical illusion/plastic surgery/good makeup?

I want to see Brokeback Mountain.

I didn't like it at all.

Saw the trailer of TDVC the other day, did Tom Hanks look very young or is it an optical illusion/plastic surgery/good makeup?
Probably make up. The desciption of Langdon in the book is nothing like Tom Hanks.

you didn't like Brokeback Mountain at all? i haven't seen it, i guess i will have to wait for the dvd, but tell me why you didn't like it.

(i don't want to see Da Vinci Code :p ) (and who would write their main character to look like Tom Hanks? :lol: )

you didn't like Brokeback Mountain at all? i haven't seen it, i guess i will have to wait for the dvd, but tell me why you didn't like it.

Nothing really happens in the movie. I found it quite boring, to be honest. But pretty to look at (the scenery, I mean).

Oggi didn't like it either.

(and who would write their main character to look like Tom Hanks? :lol: )

A Tom Hanks fan? :teaser:

Oggi didn't like it either.

that probably means i'll love it. :hat::teaser: