The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

Guest sweetp

I saw Brokeback Mountain too. But then I like a lot of movies where things don't happen. Maybe because I am boring, myself.

I saw Brokeback Mountain too. But then I like a lot of movies where things don't happen. Maybe because I am boring, myself.

You are most certainly not boring, young lady. Good thing Mackie's not here or she'd :thonk: you :lol:

:evil: she is here, now. :thonk:but sweetp is just fishing for compliments, she knows we know all about the red car and locking herself out of the house in state of serious undress. :p and that is just what she told us! so there is bound to be more.

Guest sweetp

I seem to have misplaced that comma: Maybe because I am boring myself. YAWN

sweetp

sweetp

:roflmao::kiss: to misplaced commas, then :p:scotch:

sweetp

:roflmao::kiss: to misplaced commas, then :p:scotch:

And to dealing summarily with bad habits, and unholy names, as well. :green:

i drink to that. :scotch:

Good, and I see it's not :tea:

Although, if we are drinking to Sweetp, it should be :tea: even though ours would be very mundane compared to her tea ceremonies.

well, i am dringing tea :p the scotch was purely cyber stuff. :p (typesetting under the influence is not advisable when you intend to get paid for it :p )

we went through a very cinematic sunday. :lol:

10:00 - 11:30 : born into brothels. it's a fabulous documentary feature on how art can really empower even the most helpless. a photographer called zana brinksi went into the red light area of calcutta and began teaching the kids there photography. she got the eight who made up her class cameras and the documentary is about the journey they embark upon with their pictures. awesome.

sweetp, i think you had seen this ages back and recommended it, right? it's fabulous.

check out the website: www.kids-with-cameras.org. (they also have a book with their photographs which is currently sold out but go take a look at the gallery anyway.)

12:00 - 2:00 - pride and prejudice. it was very, very ok. given i can't stand jane austen, it did NOTHING for me. but even for an unbiased one like hobbie, it was quite ok.

7:30 to 9:30 - north country. charlize theron is great in the way she completely transforms herself. which i do think is very cool. the film itself, however, NONSENSE. the idea is very good but execution absolutely sucks. so sad that it's made by niki caro (who directed 'the whale rider'). the bob dylan soundtrack is rather cool too but then he always is rather lovely. :keys:

brokeback mountain, history of violence and munich are all going to be here next week! :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:

I've still not see Munich :blush:

Jana, I caught the last hour of My Architect last week. Marvellous documentary.

i'm so glad you caught it! i think that's one of the most brilliant documentaries i've ever seen. well, 'march of the penguins' was fabulous also but that one wins because penguins are cuter. :manic: loved it when those three guys who made 'march of the penguins' came up to receive their oscar waving three stuffed penguins around. :lol:

i'm so glad you caught it! i think that's one of the most brilliant documentaries i've ever seen. well, 'march of the penguins' was fabulous also but that one wins because penguins are cuter. :manic: loved it when those three guys who made 'march of the penguins' came up to receive their oscar waving three stuffed penguins around. :lol:

And then said looking at the audience reminded them of making the movie :lol: :lol: