The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

Yes, you do :manic: 

:He'll thank you for it.

I just caught up with "Get Out" on blu ray - it is SCARY and brilliant. 

:shock:  the director even says "it's some dark sh*t" about slavery :shock: 

but, you know, a good comedic sci-fi-horror movie :up: 

:roll:  :p

Not to mention the first Oscar for a black writer for "Original Screenplay" - that was the reason i went out and got it (er, from Ebay, used) in the first place.  i had sort of gotten "off" horror movies since so many of them are :mane:  I'm VERY glad i didn't miss this one, although i got to it very late.

I will have make Migi watch it with me. I have become such a wuss in old age … :duck::runaway: 

Ahem,  i did go out and see Avengers Infinity War last Tuesday (cheap matinee day).

It was epic, but would be difficult for anyone who isn't at least reasonably familiar with the Marvel Universe.

For the fans that ARE, it is awesome and incredible, and the directors have managed to pull off the seemingly impossible really well.

I probably would be completely lost … :where: Sounds quite awesome, though :up: :yes: 

a :up: :up: two thumbs up review, goli :yes: 

AND i have been making good on my resolution to get out and see more movies (since the Tuesday matinee with Regal clubcard thingee price is a huge $6.60).

i went last week and saw "A Quiet Place" and went yesterday and saw "Hereditary".  Both horror films, and both really GOOD horror films.  Heavy on good scripts and great acting (and low on cheap trick shots and CGI).  And both have something to day about family relationships, that is quite valid, i think.  If i had to pick between the two, it would be "Hereditary".

i suspect that a lot of imagination and effort is going into these lower budget productions and some interesting messages are being coded into "horror" because that is the only way they well get on the screen in the first place, and be seen by a relatively decent sized audience in the second place.  And, in the third place, the actor/stars are involved in the production - John Krasinski in "Quiet Place" and Toni Collette in "Hereditary", and they are interested in doing some roles that are challenging, and NOT reboots and retreads and remakes, and NOT "franchise tentpoles".

:up: :up: i haven't seen them, but watching smart films is a good use of one's time :yes2: 

a balance for the space operas :db: 

oh, I love Toni Collette, I have to look that one up. :yes:

Not really good with horror films anymore, though :duck: 

We watched the Han Solo movie the other week, and i was so disappointed … okay with the story, but this boy has nothing of Han Solo. Nothing at all. He is cuddly and cute. :wow: Nothing of Han's dry wit, and his swagger was rather ... childlike.

:sigh:  

Er, after seeing the alleged actor's picture, i decided to give Solo a miss.

Ahem, to do a young Han Solo they would have had to find a young Harrison Ford.

AS FUCKING IF?!?

Yes the way he is styled he looks like a pixie :huh2:   :crit:

missing the nice bit o' rough :waggle: 

:sigh: 

exactly.

I had avoided all trailers and images, probably in an unconscious attempt to will it to work. :lol: Also, Migi had set his heart on seeing it. He wasn't very happy with it, either … :neutral: