The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

On 2/26/2019 at 11:05 PM, Mackie said:

(I have been watching "Blacklist" on Netflix lately, with James Spader quite brilliant as criminal master mind and a young actress as his FBI counterpart (and, I guess as they are only hinting, her father) - and she is so overly made-up and coiffed, it really gets on my nerves. No FBI field agent looks like she is about to dress in a robe and go tot he opera. It's a weird thing many american series and movies, do - overdo, actually.)

I had been complaining about the overdone makeup lately, bess :wink: 

Orph course... :duh:. I did read  that ...and forgot :old:  :wail:  :blush2:

that's okay :wink: a deeply familiar situation :lol: :smooch: 

Sheesh yeah... :lol: 

:angel:

:lol: that way every conversation is always new and exciting :p 

:roflmao:

(you have to see the bright side, right?)

(my sis and I decided to keep the :old: chatter about illnesses and such on a Whatsapp conversation among the two of us, we were getting a bit tired of the young folk chiming in with suggestions :lol: )

Right!

And :smart:   :wink:  ...  We cannot know until we're :old: what it's like  :angel:

yes, exactly. Which, I think, is a good thing. Young people don't need to have that hanging over their heads. :duck: 

Yup, no need to get old before it's time to.  AND no need to put up with bright suggestions from the young and clueless :seesaw:

The young and clueless, exactly :lol: 

Did I tell that I need to wear surgical stockings now? (Is that really the right word? my dictionary insist on it. :crit: ) Getting into them is really a test for the nerves. And one of my nieces who, about 25 years ago, has been working in a home for the elderly as a student job, explained to me that the point is to get them on "really quick".

:neutral:

I wonder if 20 years from now, when faced with the idea to get a really tight and unwieldy stocking on her legs "really quick" if she remembers. :lol: 

One thing that is not working is doing it really quick. It is darkening my mornings at the moment, I tell you. :crit: :db: :grumpy: 

Okay, I am copying this last bit into I see you, I am really off topic here :p 

It could a movie scene...a predicament for the elegant if aged protagonist. I picture *myself* even :crit:

Definitely a movie scene.  i would cast it with guys, though, because my version would end with the elder throwing an empty beer can at young and clueless, connecting, and sagely opining that "the point is to duck really quick".

:evildb: