The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

:lol:  Brilliant.  :up:

:lol: oh yes, it definitely works with a movie scene :roflmao: 

i think i would cast Samuel L. Jackson as the elder, and John David Washington as the kid.

Excellent casting :lol: :up:  (I never realised John David is a son of Denzel's :oh: )

it hadn't occurred to me, either - he was SO frickin good in BlackKlansman that the "Washington" didn't even register.  Er, some of the second generation stars would never have made it without the parental connectionsl  John David would have made it anywhere, any time,

:up:

yes, with some people I guess the famous parent is more of a burden when the talent hasn't bridged the generation. 

I ordered the DVD now :crit: I really need to catch up on a few things :angelmoo: 

This week i went out and saw "Us", Jordan Peele's new horror movie.  It's nothing like "Get Out", except that both are exceptionally imaginative, well written, well directed, and wonderfully acted :oh: 

i have always loved really good horror stuff, but had quit going out and seeing anything, since so much of the stuff lately had been, er, :mane: 

The good reviews are true then :yes:

:up:  :up:

interesting! :oh: I still have to watch "Get Out" as I am too sissy to watch it on my own … :duck: :p 

Thank you for the recommendation!

They are very, VERY different - but both really worth watching :up: