The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

:lol: and bess ist bess-test at making emo movies :up: :flower: 

Aww garsh :blush2:  :roflmao: :up:

:roflmao: 

Our local miniplex's Tuesday matinee price is low enough that i've been going more.

Last week was "Shaft" - not much in the way of substance, but a lot of fun, and the actors seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Yesterday was "Men in Black International", also not much substance.  The visuals were stunning in a few places when they were in real locations. Some of it worked, some of it didn't.  The actors did their best with a storyline that had a lot of holes in it.

:db: plotholes, minefields... :shock:  fun is the watchword  :yes:

yep, as long as you can enjoy it, it's fine :yes: :pop2:

I finished Good Omens by now, of course, and loved it a lot. From the brilliant credits to Sheen and Tenant - a joy.

Did I gush about A Star is Born here? Or did I spare you? :p :blush2:  It made me go on a Bradley Cooper binge :blush2: because I had never seen him before. :shock: I found some really good movies that way, the one I enjoyed most was Burnt. It's a bit older (2015) ... Trailer:

I did not see the whole ASIB just the trailers (over and over :blush2: ). Coop is a convincing actor. Has a good team around him. And the duet with Lady Gaga :swoon:

...which when started to play at a busy café *everyone* stopped eating and talking to listen :shock: :oh:

After a moment I think the silence embarrassed everyone and they started in again :lol:

i did see ASIB and was very impressed, particularly with Lady G - we knew Bradley Cooper could act, but Gaga was able to hold her own with him (and he did very well to hold his own with HER during the musical parts).  VERY much a :up: 

1 hour ago, Goli said:

i did see ASIB and was very impressed, particularly with Lady G - we knew Bradley Cooper could act, but Gaga was able to hold her own with him (and he did very well to hold his own with HER during the musical parts).  VERY much a :up: 

:manic: 

3 hours ago, bess said:

And the duet with Lady Gaga :swoon:

...which when started to play at a busy café *everyone* stopped eating and talking to listen :shock: :oh:

After a moment I think the silence embarrassed everyone and they started in again :lol:

:lol: that is cute. 

:sing2: 

:huh:

:sisters:

I sit here watching Tom Hiddleston :heart: talking about how Marvel is going to start a series with him (of course) about Loki and I go :wail: 

I love Tom Hiddleston. One of my favourite actors. But I cannot watch a Loki movie, I just can't. It would either spoil the movie for me, or my image of Loki I still carry around in my head. Why can't they make something else with Tom? :grumpy: 

:lol: 

:lol: :up:

:wail: 

Er, could you use the old, and in this case VERY appropriate for comicbook movies. "alternate universe" thingee?  Marveloki as a separate creature?  Hiddlloki?