The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

Keep repeating it to yourself and it MAY work :omm: 

Actually, you DO :seesaw: 

i caught a little bit of the Oscars, more from the news shows than the live broadcast.  Frankly, i wasn't all that interested since i hadn't seen much of anything that was nominated.  Except for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Interesting outcome.  The Korean film taking Best Picture, the :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: idiots in charge turning the lights down on their acceptance, and then having to turn them back up AFTER the A Listers in the front rows raised hell. 

Have to say the Oscars came and went this time without my noticing :nosee: :neutral:

I did not know about the best bad timing flub. Dah. :grumpy:

2 hours ago, Goli said:

The Korean film taking Best Picture, the :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: idiots in charge turning the lights down on their acceptance, and then having to turn them back up AFTER the A Listers in the front rows raised hell. 

whoa, what an embarrassment. :duck: 

We wanted to see Parasite in December but the date fell through on three occasions. :wail: It was very successful here.

What I saw about the Oscars was in the news or from Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert. These days the comedy shows are where I can bear the news best … 

Two thumbs up, there   :yes2:

Yup.  News bests dealt with by watching the comedy.  i have to admit to several fits of depression due to too much watching of the "real" news.

Sigh. 

WHOA!! :shock:

i just checked the schedule for our little mini-plex, and it looks like Parasite will be playing starting later this week AND will be playing on discount day next Tuesday :run: 

14 hours ago, Goli said:

WHOA!! :shock:

i just checked the schedule for our little mini-plex, and it looks like Parasite will be playing starting later this week AND will be playing on discount day next Tuesday :run: 

Excellent!! :up: 

Goli, I found watching the news too depressing lately, too. I have gone in a diet - no Facebook, no Twitter, news mostly in written firm. Works for me.

I read the grocery flyers the postie brings and I scan a national news brief. It has "this Day in History" in case I've missed something important from the 1600's. :silly2: