The Hidden Fortress
Guest sweetp

At the movies

i DO try to watch the last three or four minutes of the network news shows.  After spending the first 26 or 27 minutes on disasters, political or natural, crime, accidents and bad weather interspersed with commercials for prescription drugs, they devote the last few minutes to "feel good " stuff.  Some of it IS really inspiring, and all of it is nice to see.

i am really looking forward to seeing Parasite.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, bess said:

It has "this Day in History" in case I've missed something important from the 1600's. :silly2:

:roflmao: that is actually quite a clever way to pick your "news" :lol: 

23 hours ago, Goli said:

i DO try to watch the last three or four minutes of the network news shows.  After spending the first 26 or 27 minutes on disasters, political or natural, crime, accidents and bad weather interspersed with commercials for prescription drugs, they devote the last few minutes to "feel good " stuff.  Some of it IS really inspiring, and all of it is nice to see.

I do get that fix on Instagram or youtube, watching videos from the The Dodo account. Animal related videos with a happy ending. Always make me smile.

that's the good stuff  :yes:

Definitely :joy: 

Well, i saw Parasite yesterday at the local miniplex, which hadn't shown it originally, and wouldn't have now, except for the Oscar.

i can't remember the last time i was so impressed by a movie.  So much so that it's going to take some time for it to sink in.  A big plus is that it wasn't dubbed, so you can hear the actors' actual voices and nuances.  The subtitles were excellent and didn't detract anything.

Wow.  The Oscar was well-deserved, and i have to say that i am glad i have lived long enough to see a foreign language foreign film win Best Picture. This was one time i hadn't heard or read anything about it, and that was also a plus.

:oh:  good!

Plan to watch sometime :yes:  :up: 

Excellent! I will have to find it. :yes: