The Hidden Fortress
Goli

Reading Frenzy

And she DID love it :high5:

:oh:  :up:  an excellent e-swap :yes:  

i have it in mind to share with some special young readers once i find their parents' e-addies :roll: 

I am currently reading a book i found in the hallway on the free-for-all - it has a sticker saying, "#1 Canadian bestseller" :oh: The Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak. It is the German translation, but in this case it is a good translation, so I do not mind. The story of Catharine the Great, narrated by a girl / woman at court. I am about a third in and really like it so far.

wow and i've never heard of it :lol:   

but i looked it up :smart: 4 out of 5 stars at my Good Reads site. excellent find  :up: 

so um, :angel: i went looking for it, could buy the ebook... :no3: found it to borrow online from the public library :yes:  :blush2:  :silly2:  :book: 

Sounds good :oh:

Has any one of you  read the Elzabeth Peters books about Amelia Peabody? I finally got some in large print so I can read them finally. It really  is fascinating and I'm engulfed in Egypt.

Also, if anyone knows a good   large print book course , let me know. lol:vulture:

no, I didn't. But it is lovely to find a string of books by an author you enjoy, isn't it? :heart: :book: 

i read and enjoyed a lot of them - all of the early ones, but quit somewhere in the next generation ones.  i may still go back, though, if i can figure out where i left off :evildb:

Because I've been reading them as I find them I have seen about 5 or 6 all in hibbldy pigilddy order, One which is when their son is 20 somthing and one where he is 10 and one where he is 5. I'd like to see the early ones, the son Ramses can be quite annoying, as is a real child. lol I guess I'll have to find some of her books not from Amazon...my main go to for books. lol:book::cleo: And, yes, I love the gif  and pix, some times   my hands fail me. :wink:

Mum loved those, I read them too and enjoyed them, but yes, the kid is a proper wee knowitall!