The Hidden Fortress
Goli

Reading Frenzy

Yup :manic:

A book I didn't read but listened to, in German, but liked so much I have listened to it a second time: Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel. It's a post-apocalyptic story, but it is a mild one, and the writing is so beautiful (even in translation) that I enjoyed it very much.

I read the summary of Station Eleven and thought, hmm the author, curiously, has an agreeably Western Canadian point-of-view so I... :google:   ---->   well goodness me, she is from a little island in BC,  just off Vancouver Island...practically my neighbour :shock:  she went to Toronto to study, to take in Eastern Canadian culture, and evidently people-watch :p  

:up: I shall have to read this  :yes:   

that is hilarious, bess :lol: it starts in Toronto, and some of the characters come from a small Canadian island. Very much looking forward to hear how you like it!

The German title, btw, is "Das Licht der letzten Tage", the Light of the Final Days, and I really like that title. :yes: 

I went and bought one of her earlier book :yes: (and the english version of Station Eleven :blush2: )

It's all good!

I found it at the digital library, I'm 4th next to read it :waiting:

:idea: i might be able to get it from the library :crossed:

:manic:

i DID

Yesterday

AND

i started it . . .

:green:

5 hours ago, Goli said:

:manic:

i DID

Yesterday

AND

i started it . . .

:oh: Oh, that's great!! :book: I hope you like it.

i've started it, and it's been a looooooooooooooooooooong time since i have enjoyed a new-to-me author anywhere near this much :yes:

:oh:  I hope the 3 ppl ahead of me to read it think so too, and quickly :lol: :musthave: