The Hidden Fortress
Goli

Reading Frenzy

between sci-fi novellas, i read Convenience Store Woman (translated from Japanese. It is odd :huh:  I liked it  :p

Odd sometimes is a good thing :yes: After finishing a suspenseful but utterly forgettable mystery, I started The Blackhouse by Peter May and like it. Still early pages, though. :p 

:oh:  If you like it, there are two more books in the trilogy, plus a gorgeous book he did with a photographer that documents the real settings in the fictional books.

I bought the whole trilogy for kindle :manic:  I really like his writing, very athmospheric.

:cool:  :yes:  if it is thriller genre though i will probably pass  :duck:  :chicken: 

okay, we won't press you :wink: 

I found a couple of large print books , some of my favorite ones from Terry Pratchett . Yay! Those are hard to find. Thief of Time and The Truth. :book:

:oh:  :up:

:high5:

Excellent find, Jude! :up: :book: 

Matt and I often read the same books, but he uses audible , and he has been trying me to read Thief of Time. I just did and it is amazing, so multi layered. I should have read it sooner.  

it's so good! :yes: 

i've picked up on LeVar Burton's podcasts :oh:  once a week he reads a sci-fi short story ... i only discovered this Sunday, selected one at random off the playlist, "The Galactic Tourist Industrial Complex" by Tobias Buckell. Excellent, weird and funny  ...   then listened to "Shoggoths in Traffic" also by TB, excellent, weird and funny ---> in an eerie way :shock: 

he has a fine voice.

oh my time has been kind to Geordi La Forge  :swoon: 

8 hours ago, judith said:

Matt and I often read the same books, but he uses audible , and he has been trying me to read Thief of Time. I just did and it is amazing, so multi layered. I should have read it sooner.  

is it Terry Pratchett?

7 hours ago, bess said:

it's so good! :yes: 

i've picked up on LeVar Burton's podcasts :oh:  once a week he reads a sci-fi short story ... i only discovered this Sunday, selected one at random off the playlist, "The Galactic Tourist Industrial Complex" by Tobias Buckell. Excellent, weird and funny  ...   then listened to "Shoggoths in Traffic" also by TB, excellent, weird and funny ---> in an eerie way :shock: 

he has a fine voice.

oh my time has been kind to Geordi La Forge  :swoon: 

:lol: 

Podcasts are the new thing, aren't they? Over here, too. I am in two minds about them - I have tried several, and some of them had music underlaid so I couldn't really understand it. Some other were really cool.

Yes, Mackie, Terry Pratchett.

I have seen a few podcasts , I like a lot of them, used to listen usually when getting to sleep. LOL  Kate had one with a friend about knitting and beer. Never missed those. :wink:

knitting and beer :lol: not the worst mix of subjects. :wink: 

:knit: :beer: