The Hidden Fortress
Guest Girl from Mars

The Daily Bugle

Belgian spectators at the Turin Winter Olympics could be excused for thinking they had found new winter heroes as skiers in their home colours raced by.

:roll:

more HERE

:roflmao: "Frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn" :p i wouldn't have noticed, actually. at home we used to say "black red mustard" when talking about "the colours". not the most reverent when it came to german flag, anthem, and so on - and i like it that way.

I was trying to see the photo, clicked on the link & sat here very confused. There was an article about an underwater mountain. Well..."pond": underwater, I thought there MIGHT be a connection.

Came back here and saw I'd got the wrong post/ :roll:

The photo is beautiful but if I got it I'd give it to you guys. It, for some reason just freaks me out. A huge feeling of despair and fear. I think I need to share Dr. Freud with that poor guy in Mars' sauna.

I highly approve af all the links fron the BBC. They NEVER freeze my comp. One more reason to love Britain.

I highly approve af all the links fron the BBC. They NEVER freeze my comp. One more reason to love Britain.

:smooch:

On behalf of a tiny bit of Britain... :smooch:

Well thank you, Mad. We must be kindred...I'm wearing a shirt with your avatar on the front.

Arrggh!

...it's probably a good thing it's the flag and not the diplodocus......less arrggh than Owwww!!!!!

(you're welcome to join the pirates any time Jude!)

The research could be useful in devising methods for teaching basic maths skills to the very young, say researchers in the US.

:crit: they are threatening to torture infants??

Guest Candy
Gunmen have taken advantage of Brazil's carnival commotion to steal paintings by Picasso, Dali, Matisse and Monet from a Rio de Janeiro museum.

look HERE

:crit: whoa! cheeky bastards! :db:

what i find hilarious in the link is that they are saying, "The paintings were considered the museum's most valuable pieces but their exact value was not immediately available." the idea of an "exact value" for a painting like that has me all :roll:

"butter-side-down" school of human endeavour
i like that :manic:

"butter-side-down" school of human endeavour
i like that :manic:

Yes, very appropriate. :roflmao: I have a SO not nice thought, too. :evildb:

Yes, very appropriate. :roflmao: I have a SO not nice thought, too. :evildb:

only one??? :teaser: