The Hidden Fortress
Guest Girl from Mars

The Daily Bugle

The book is being sold by Dr Williams's Theological Library in London, which hopes the proceeds - expected to be more than £3m - will secure its future.
£3m. :huh: sigh. not bad, huh?

especially since the bard himself was probably constantly in debt and wooing the barman in the local pub to give him a drink on the house. :p

weird... i do wonder though, what do you do with these things once you buy them? isn't this stuff more for museums? i understand a book that you can read but a manuscript you can't read... :huh: actually, even if one could read it, 3 MILLION pounds? :neutral:

it definitely is museum stuff - or for wealthy collectors who keep it like in a museum.

very very ironic for a guy who wrote for a crowd made up of groundlings in large parts. :lol:

yes, absolutely. like the prices for Van Gogh's painings, considering he sold only one when he was still alive.

but you know, there's a romance in these old manuscripts and canvasses that i suspect we're losing out on. i mean, 80 years later, there won't be manuscripts of undiscovered/ celebrated authors or peeling paintings of brilliant artists. there'll be USB dongles. :roll:

who knows - today's data might look quaint and romantic to people in a few generations.

which actually is a scary thought :huh::p

:no: the day a rectangular bit of metal becomes artistically pleasing... :duck:

it's like 60's matchbox architecture. the day THAT becomes a work of art, things are really bleak. except someone, in fact, more than one person thought there was something artistic in those hideous boxy buildings. :s

well … uhm … i do like some of them. Mies van der Rohe? :swoon: Bauhaus? :swoon:

throwing strange germanic names at me won't scare me, i'll have you know. :p a boxy building is a boxy building. :yes:

ok, i'll grant you that rohe made some ubercool boxy buildings...

still boxy. glassy boxy, but still boxy. :p i mean, i place that next to something like the vienna staatsoper and then... :no: :no: :no:

still boxy. glassy boxy, but still boxy. :p i mean, i place that next to something like the vienna staatsoper and then... :no: :no: :no:

You DO!? You are freakishly strong for a little ducky! :teaser:

i didn't want to tell you before because i wanted you to love me for me but judith, i am SUPERDUCKY! :fly2: