The Hidden Fortress
Guest Girl from Mars

The Daily Bugle

Yes, they were - and the reply was excellent when it came, too.

indeed. :yes2:

That is a wonderful tribute. :heart: A lot of things and people are moving at the moment, aren't they? I hope there might be real change coming out of all this.

i think there will be. i particularly liked the bit calling out the police unions, and, no, there should be NO room in the labor movement for organizations which defend and protect dangerous scumbags who should never have been able to wear badges in the first place, and certainly should have been removed long ago.  And although totally "defunding" the police isn't the solution, taking some of their money away instead of giving them more and more of it is a damned fine way to get their attention.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/when-protesters-cry-defund-the-police-what-does-it-mean/2376366/

You know, it occurs to moi that some of the old "thought-they-were-the-epitome-of-liberals" at the old Pink Place would be amazed to see what i REALLY think about a lot of issues :goodbad:

16 hours ago, Goli said:

You know, it occurs to moi that some of the old "thought-they-were-the-epitome-of-liberals" at the old Pink Place would be amazed to see what i REALLY think about a lot of issues :goodbad:

oh yes :lol: 

16 hours ago, Goli said:

i think there will be. i particularly liked the bit calling out the police unions, and, no, there should be NO room in the labor movement for organizations which defend and protect dangerous scumbags who should never have been able to wear badges in the first place, and certainly should have been removed long ago.  And although totally "defunding" the police isn't the solution, taking some of their money away instead of giving them more and more of it is a damned fine way to get their attention.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/when-protesters-cry-defund-the-police-what-does-it-mean/2376366/

yes, money is always the kind of leverage that makes everybody pay attention, even if they don't really want to hear anything. 

It was really disturbing to see some of the footage from the last days. When people are protesting police violence and everybody knows that there are cameras and phones everywhere, some policemen still don't get it. And that's a level of being comfortable with doing wrong that is really scary. The guy shoving the camera of the Australian news team in the cameraman's face? :shock: The guys pushing the old man? :shock: And that's only what has been caught on video. At least now these officers have been suspended and charged.

The Washington Post has a brilliant reconstruction of the events around Lafayette Square. Not sure if it's behind a paywall, though.

Yup - evidently Jeff Bezos hasn't made enough money from Amazon to make the WA Post free online.

Oh, and some of the assholes in blue ARRESTED a staff photographer/reporter for the USToday NETWORK in Dover, Delaware.  Those blassholes were state police.fd

And quite a few assholes have found themselves without jobs due to stuff like  mocking the Floyd killing in their yard in New Jersey while a protest march went by.  Someone filmed them, and one guy, an employee of FedEx, was fired. Another, a NJ state corrections officer, has been suspended.

Sigh.

:crossed: for all things positive to continue :yes2:

1 hour ago, Goli said:

And quite a few assholes have found themselves without jobs due to stuff like  mocking the Floyd killing in their yard in New Jersey while a protest march went by.  Someone filmed them, and one guy, an employee of FedEx, was fired. Another, a NJ state corrections officer, has been suspended.

oh es, I saw that. Unbelievable.

27 minutes ago, bess said:

:crossed: for all things positive to continue :yes2:

yes please :yes: 

The aforesaid :flaming: change of position is fortunate for moi, because, before i had decided not to go back to my esoteric lodge, i had paid about $50 ahead on a Starbucks card, since we had a mandatory pit stop at Starbucks on the way up from Seattle to Burnaby.  Since the driver of the van loves Starbucks.  i don't, and wouldn't go there on my own for what they pass off as "coffee" but they do have some edible breakfast sandwiches and so on.  i had been trying last night to figure out what to do with the $50 since Starbucks had my money and i didn't want to let them keep it but didn't want it to look like i was supporting them. i had considered going in, ordering $50 worth of stuff and then dumping it all into a trash can inside the store with a nasty comment.  Or finding some way to buy and give away, not so easy in these times.

Now i will just sneak in every so often and get one of the edible items.