The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

The Doll Adventure inspired by Tree Change Dolls

i have another little girl sitting on my desk - i actually thought i had to re-paint her face, but now i think perhaps she just needs a little more eyebrow, but not so dark, and a bit of a blush.

I cut her hair, which was a big improvement and suddenly she seemed like a little character, especially once i realised the small hat is fitting perfectly

hattie1.jpg.

She is perfect, She looks like my mental image of Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird.

aww, Jude … :heart:

okay, then she is going to keep the brows, you guys are such strong advocats :lol: but i want to give her a bit of a blush. Need to try that on a different doll, though, so i can blunder around for a bit :p

:oh:

i think i want to make a small „jeans“ overall for her and some sturdy boots. and maybe a t-shirt, she cannot always run around in a pullover, after all :p

didn’t manage any oogoo trials (for the feet) today at all. :neutral: ah well, not that i'd have to rush anything. :p

on one of the facebook doll group pages somebody asked if the little one with the lace dress was for sale and i declined :p i am not planning to make this into a business, don’t want to do it with deadlines looming :no:

having to craft to a deadline kills the joy :yes2:

maybe just adding the blush will improve that wee face. the brows might look less plucked :dunno:

am on the fence, whatever you decide :wink:

and :oh: a perfect use for the old fabrics and trims :yes:

keep up the good work :manic:

Nice to know that other people besides us love them, though - even if you don't want to sell them :heart:

well, naturally i was very flattered. :yes::blush2::manic:

There is a little gift store in Hansville that just opened up a few weeks ago - i discovered it Saturday when i was returning from walking out at the Nature Conservancy site on Foulweather Bluff (first time i was able to do it since i wrecked my knee).

Guess what i found there :manic: Two lovely rescue dolls - i recognized the project from the pics here - and it turns out the owner's daughter-in-law who lives in England made them - she did the handknit tops and hat, and managed to put little boots on the feet. Not quite as nice as Moo's, and the price on them is $20 each.

oh that is lovely!! :oh::yes::heart: it is amazing how this is spreading in not quite 8 months! the first dolls from Tasmania were on the web some time in January, i think.

The most amazing site of all those coming after Sonia Singh’s Tree Change Dolls is Noodle & Roo (but you will probably need a facebook account tosee the page). She is painting incredible faces and makes beautiful clothes.

i am copying one of her dollies here so everybody can see her:

noodleroo.jpg

isn’t that amazing??

:swoon:

:yes: and the clothes are so very beautiful as well! i will have to go and get a few more pics for you to see. Tomorrow! :yes:

:wait: