Heronswood

And, from wandering around:

HW 8 3 4.JPG

HW 8 3 5.JPG

HW 8 3 6.JPG

HW 8 3 11.JPG

2 minutes ago, bess said:

She planned it right :up:

Yes, she did - there were some lovely personalized pillows set out with stuff like "LOVE" and the date, and strings of family photographs in the shaded areas (it would have been way too intrusive to take pics there).  The bridal party uses the house to get ready, so also stayed out of their way.  More stuff from the non-party areas:

HW 8 3 7.JPG

HW 8 3 8.JPG

HW 8 3 9.JPG

HW 8 3 10.JPG

HW 8 3 12.JPG

HW 8 3 13.JPG

HW 8 3 14.JPG

for sure the news has been :sigh: 

And here a respite, a delightful walk in the park. thank you :heart:

that looks like a really beautiful wedding setting. Lucky groom, to have such a talented bride, too. :up: 

And the flowers are wonderful, again. :heart: The white hydrangeae … :musthave: I have one, too, and one bloom :lol: but at least that. I was surprised because it had been such a small plant, and the conditions in my garden are far from ideal.

Yes, a garden like this is balm for the soul, isn't it, and that is very necessary in these days. So much darkness.

The darkness starts to dissipate the minute the car turns into the driveway. They are now open Fridays, Saturdays AND Sundays, too, from March through October, with a few events, like a winter solstice walk during off-season.

that is wonderful. A real commitment to the community, I think. :heart: A winter solstice walk sounds cool :oh: 

ditto to the solstice walk :yes: 

the place is life-affirming :omm:  :sigh: 

Here is what you see when you first get into the parking area - the plantings near the totem pole have filled out, and the potted plant thingee along the road is taller than moi. This is way before you pay to get in - you can actually see some nice stuff now without going into the garden proper;

HW 8 9 1.JPG

HW 8 9 2.JPG

HW 8 9 3.JPG

Moving on -one of the outstanding features of this plant-lovers' garden is that they let the plants bud, mature, and go to seed in all but a few of the more formal areas.  Sometimes you get to see stuff in several stages at once (i have no idea what these guys are):

HW 8 9 P1.JPG

HW 8 9 P2.JPG

HW 8 9 P3.JPG

And the areas look so different at different times of the season.

HW 8 9 7.JPG

HW 8 9 8.JPG

HW 8 9 9.JPG

Plants at random:

HW 8 9 4.JPG

HW 8 9 6.JPG

HW 8 9 10.JPG

HW 8 9 11.JPG