The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Happy birthday for YESTERDAY, Goli!

I had it on my list and FORGOT! :duh::blush2: 

:flower::confetti::champ: :bigcake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY:bigcake:  :champ: :confetti: :flower:

I hope you had a nice day, Goli, and that your new year will be a good and happy one :heart: 

i had a VERY nice day, considering that i was, er, not really looking forward to this one - it's a new year, yes, AND a new decade, both for the calendar and pour moi.

70 :shock: :duck: :barf:

Yes, some are harder to swallow than others, aren’t they ... :heart:

Most of them, I've managed to ignore/overlook.

This one, not so much :roflmao: 

yep, I can imagine, it's kinda intrusive … :duck: 

You know, I am the youngest of four (five, if you count my foster brother, and you should :wink: ). That wasn't always what I wanted because everybody still is trying to educate me :p but it gives me a chance to see close up what getting older means and how to deal with it. It really is very helpful. :yes2: And my siblings have a tendency to view it all with a caustic eye, which helps a lot.

Getting old is just crap, nobody should tell me otherwise, but then there's no getting away from it unless you want to take a dive. So yes, like Bette Davis said - Old age is no place for sissies. I like that sentence a LOT. At least we're getting old in a time where you can get replacements for a lot of things … if I had to do without my glasses, my tin ears, my repaired foot, things would be a LOT worse.

i was the oldest of three (one of my brothers is already gone) and i was designated in charge when my parents were out (my father told my younger brothers they HAD to do what i said - and if it was too bad, HE would deal with me when he got home),  When i abused it, somewhat, i would bribe the little guys with candy or whatever.  My finest hour, though, was when my youngest brother introduced me to one of his female friends (not a girlfriend, just a friend) who, unprompted, said, "Oh, you must be Ron's younger sister" :roflmao: 

So, no role models on aging. Perhaps why it is NOT going "gracefully". But, yes, glasses and repairs are a LOT easier nowdays :omm: 

15 hours ago, Goli said:

"Oh, you must be Ron's younger sister" :roflmao: 

:roflmao: excellent :lol: I bet your brother was :shock:  :p 

Yup - very much so :manic:

Brothers do need that from time to time :p 

Yes, they do - and when it is one of their own friends that is responsible :joy: 

missed this and jude's too :selfthonk: :wail: 

happy un-birthday dear Fortress friend :flower:

Another year wiser :wink:  :smooch: :manic: :joy: 

Another year older, certainly, but WISER  :shock:

Er, probably not.

Much.

At all.

Oh, well.

Hope it was happy as could be Goli!!