The Hidden Fortress
Goli

"Musings" in Troubled Times

And guess what?  Today i went to pick up the mail and four of them somehow found their way to the mailboxes at the corner - there are five mailboxes on a plank, with four spaces between.  The area i had discovered the others in is a good two miles or so from our area, so these had to have had some help :manic:  i took a walk through the immediate neighborhood and didn't see any others, so it was pretty selective help.

This is the one that is "mine" i.e. next to my box:

Pet Rock Mine.JPG

These are the other three:

Pet Rock 1.JPG

Pet Rock 2.JPG

Pet Rock 3.JPG

Sweeet surprises! This is lovely :heart: :mail:  :wink:  :bee: and all!

Oh how cute is that? :yay:  :heart:

Cute enough to make moi day :jump2:

On a not so cute note, a day or so ago, walking through the neighborhood, i was talking - at a social distance - to a couple of neighbors about a block and a half away.  He had had Covid-19 in March, and he and his wife had had to self-quarantine.  She never developed any symptoms, and he did well enough that he didn't need to go to the hospital.  This had started as a discussion of yard work, leading to his having gone back to work in construction, since construction was allowed again a little earlier.  And, sort of out of the blue, he  mentioned "I had it" :shock: 

i told him he now has bragging rights, and can tell anyone who is blathering on and on that they don't know what they are talking about  - that got a laugh.

And, his wife, with no symptoms, had to stay in three days longer that he did, because his symptoms had cleared up before the 14 day quarantine wore off for here. i told him he OWED her for that, and that got a laugh.

So, it's all around us - he didn't know where or how he'd got it, either.

Sigh.

yes, that is some seriously creepy stuff. And it seems it has been out and about (in the US, too) longer than most people realize.

We had idiots doing protest rallies in several cities, the police has been attacked, and a lot of people lose sight of what all this is about, I think. And I find myself wishing on those who are really stupid and even nasty about it, that they catch it. I don't want anyone to die, but they should catch it and it should hurt. Maybe that will teach them.

My thoughts exactly, about the morons protesting in this country. 

Yerss...

:witch: :witch: :witch: 

:voodoo: 

:cauldron:

The interesting thing is that the guy who did get it isn't black or Hispanic, or old.  And working construction, in good shape with no underlying conditions.  So many of the idiots in the US seem to think that they are somehow immune to it because they are "white" and not seniors and think they are healthy.  And don't particularly care much about anyone else.

Yesterday i was talking to another neighbor, whose husband had just gone back to work at one of the Naval bases.  He'd stayed home as long as he could, because although he and his wife are young and healthy, their little boy has asthma and they are concerned about not bringing it home to him. Sigh.

oh dear. That is a scary situation for them. :heart: 

Here the ones disregarding all warnings usually are the young, unattached ones, up into the early 30s. They miss the party life and try to get some of that any way possible.

And conspiracy theories abound, of course.  Bill Gates is Bad Guy No.1 with the fools :roll: And Trump is one of their heroes, go figure … :nuts: 

This is a truly horrible thing to say, but then again, this is moi, the terror of the Pink Place - I am SO frickin glad a country other than MOI native land and moi ancestral land also has such idiots running around.  Please, though, do NOT suggest that, if they like Trump so much, why don't they move over here.  Trump would probably give them fast passes through immigration. And instant citizenship as long as they promised to vote for him.

yep, I suspect so. No, we won't be sending them over; I suspect most of them don't speak English, so you're pretty safe :p There are some German celebrities among them, though. The idiocy of humankind is clearly boundless … I think this kind of stupidity is an international phenomenon. :duck: 

Probably, however, in this particular case, the Trumpers are correct - the US IS Number One.

Sigh.