The Hidden Fortress
Goli

"Musings" in Troubled Times

I'm not so sure - I bet the average per 100,000 is about the same everywhere. Only the US are so much bigger and have so much people ... and so much empty space to hide in, too ... 

The truly empty spaces are the ones between their ears :evildb:

oh yes. Wide expanses where every little fart echoes infinitely … :p 

And they think their own lamebrain farts are divine revelations.

Or alien invasions.

:lol: we are so not nice. :p 

:goodbad:

just so. :p 

:roflmao:

So, it takes a looooooooooooong time for pandemic related stuff to get out.  On May 3rd moi shallowly decided to order some designer face masks from a California designer, located in Venice Beach, home  to the original inspiration for "Musings" "FOP" etc.  One set was supposed to ship May 8, two May 13. Then they were all supposed to ship May 15.  That produced a tracking number with UPS which revealed that in this case, "ship" meant "create UPS label".  That sat there until today, when the things are actually in transit, supposed to get here by 9:00pm Friday :roll: 

But since they HAVE left L.A. here are the pics, from the store's website:

masks 1.jpg

masks 2.jpg

masks 3.jpg

Er, i am not planning to keep ALL of them, i have a friend who has already been promised at least the hot pink one at the top of the middle pic.  And a couple for her friends, if she can remember what colors they might like.

:wow:  :chacha:  about the masks  :oh: 

:wait: :crit: on speedy :snail: delivery :roll: 

i made one from a pattern online, sewn in two pieces to curve over the nose. It has a definite ninja effect :ninja2: 

handy to have extra to change as necessary. or for when the others are in the wash. :yes:

yes, definitely necessary to have more than one, especially with the weather getting warmer. Very nice choice of fabrics! :yes: 

I have three, two from my niece and one I made myself, from a pattern similar to yours, bess. It's rather big, but I put a wire in and can mould the top to my nose, that way my glasses don't fog up. Too lazy to sew more than one, though :duck: 

Moi :lazy:also :blush2:.

I put a wire also :yes2:

:hey:

image.jpg