The Hidden Fortress
Goli

"Musings" in Troubled Times

oh that is looking good, bess! :up: I have to admit that what I like about masks is that they accentuate everybody's eyes :oh: :manic: 

...whilst hiding wrinkles :old: :lol:

I read the hygiene protocol about masks for non-medical use. I shall have to make more :roll: :gogetem:  :sew: :eq:

It IS looking good.  AND the eyes versus wrinkles is :manic: Fortunately, i will have plenty - AND they are out on the truck for delivery hopefully today :joy:

3 hours ago, bess said:

I read the hygiene protocol about masks for non-medical use. I shall have to make more :roll: :gogetem:  :sew: :eq:

I read one too, that one was completely non-realistic. so I besically decided I try to be sensible but not go into hysterics. It asked for the mask to be taken off once even slightly damp (which is basically immediately) and then put into a plastic container with a lid on (while you are out of the house, mind). You had to use disinfectant on your hands efore and after putting it on or taking it off. :neutral: There were other things I forgot ... Mmine are being washed once I get home if they are really damp. And since I only wear them for shopping or on the trains, that is not too taxing. :p 

Fingers crossed they reach you soon, goli! :crossed: 

They got here last evening.  They look great and are very comfortable.  Since i am only really wearing the masks to protect others, on the off chance that i get the stuff and don't have symptoms, i am very casual about them i.e. only wear them for short periods in stores etc.  and don't wash them much.  It would be different if i were going anywhere where there was much of a real risk.

My friend and i are going to wear a couple of the new ones - i am keeping 9 and giving her 6 - out on a walk in which we social distance anyway, to show the masks off as fashion statements. 

4 hours ago, Goli said:

My friend and i are going to wear a couple of the new ones - i am keeping 9 and giving her 6 - out on a walk in which we social distance anyway, to show the masks off as fashion statements. 

:up: cool! :yes: 

Good thing you are happy with them :yes: With six different ones to choose from, you won't have trouble matching your outfits, too :manic: 

:lol:  :heart: 

i wore my mask to do some :knit: shopping...my last stop on some errands yesterday. it was ok without mask at the open air market, lots of space :tomato: 

another time i'll have more masks with me. i did put mine right away into a pocket to wash when i got home, i didn't like the air in the store, even though we were 3 customers at a time only, the staff use a lot of spritzy sanitizer :water:

1 hour ago, bess said:

i didn't like the air in the store, even though we were 3 customers at a time only, the staff use a lot of spritzy sanitizer :water:

Örgs :duck: in one of the supermarkets here they were using some sanitizer stuff with a heavy artificial scent, very sweet and cloying. Left without buying, it felt like all the edibles must smell like that.

:crit:

In the village a small foodie shop has a clove and tea tree oil spray they made for us to use as we leave the store. No like :neutral:

I don't go there much now.

Life has certainly become much more complicated.  Certainly we do NOT need heavily scented "sanitizers" :crit: 

17 hours ago, bess said:

:crit:

In the village a small foodie shop has a clove and tea tree oil spray they made for us to use as we leave the store. No like :neutral:

I don't go there much now.

that sounds rather deadly, not just for the virus … :duck: