The Hidden Fortress
Goli

"Musings" in Troubled Times

oh that is looking good, bess! :up: I have to admit that what I like about masks is that they accentuate everybody's eyes :oh: :manic: 

...whilst hiding wrinkles :old: :lol:

I read the hygiene protocol about masks for non-medical use. I shall have to make more :roll: :gogetem:  :sew: :eq:

It IS looking good.  AND the eyes versus wrinkles is :manic: Fortunately, i will have plenty - AND they are out on the truck for delivery hopefully today :joy:

3 hours ago, bess said:

I read the hygiene protocol about masks for non-medical use. I shall have to make more :roll: :gogetem:  :sew: :eq:

I read one too, that one was completely non-realistic. so I besically decided I try to be sensible but not go into hysterics. It asked for the mask to be taken off once even slightly damp (which is basically immediately) and then put into a plastic container with a lid on (while you are out of the house, mind). You had to use disinfectant on your hands efore and after putting it on or taking it off. :neutral: There were other things I forgot ... Mmine are being washed once I get home if they are really damp. And since I only wear them for shopping or on the trains, that is not too taxing. :p 

Fingers crossed they reach you soon, goli! :crossed: 

They got here last evening.  They look great and are very comfortable.  Since i am only really wearing the masks to protect others, on the off chance that i get the stuff and don't have symptoms, i am very casual about them i.e. only wear them for short periods in stores etc.  and don't wash them much.  It would be different if i were going anywhere where there was much of a real risk.

My friend and i are going to wear a couple of the new ones - i am keeping 9 and giving her 6 - out on a walk in which we social distance anyway, to show the masks off as fashion statements. 

4 hours ago, Goli said:

My friend and i are going to wear a couple of the new ones - i am keeping 9 and giving her 6 - out on a walk in which we social distance anyway, to show the masks off as fashion statements. 

:up: cool! :yes: 

Good thing you are happy with them :yes: With six different ones to choose from, you won't have trouble matching your outfits, too :manic: 

:lol:  :heart: 

i wore my mask to do some :knit: shopping...my last stop on some errands yesterday. it was ok without mask at the open air market, lots of space :tomato: 

another time i'll have more masks with me. i did put mine right away into a pocket to wash when i got home, i didn't like the air in the store, even though we were 3 customers at a time only, the staff use a lot of spritzy sanitizer :water:

1 hour ago, bess said:

i didn't like the air in the store, even though we were 3 customers at a time only, the staff use a lot of spritzy sanitizer :water:

Örgs :duck: in one of the supermarkets here they were using some sanitizer stuff with a heavy artificial scent, very sweet and cloying. Left without buying, it felt like all the edibles must smell like that.

:crit:

In the village a small foodie shop has a clove and tea tree oil spray they made for us to use as we leave the store. No like :neutral:

I don't go there much now.

Life has certainly become much more complicated.  Certainly we do NOT need heavily scented "sanitizers" :crit: 

17 hours ago, bess said:

:crit:

In the village a small foodie shop has a clove and tea tree oil spray they made for us to use as we leave the store. No like :neutral:

I don't go there much now.

that sounds rather deadly, not just for the virus … :duck: 

that’s a nice pattern, bess... i’ve got several patterns but haven’t started making - got some great fat quarters to do them from though. and ordered some pipe cleaners to make removable nose wires when washing. 

just got to find some round tuit time and inclination to do them.....

I'll try to send you some :yes: :vibes:

Every year i wonder if the pink climbing roses will come back.   They do - this is what they looked like a few weeks ago when they were just starting to bloom:

P1010017.JPG

And last week:

P1010045.JPG

P1010057 (2).JPG