The Hidden Fortress
Guest Candy

comments to the lifeline(s)

Hello to everybody! I try to give some detailed comments to the new lifline. First of all every one did an excellent job!

bess: the idea of “perspective blue” is great and funny too but “perspective floral” is just amazing. I love the hint of a pastel colour.

Mars: I really like the thermometer. It reminds my of some kind of an old seventies wallpaper. My favourite Picture is the wall. It could be also a contribution for “accidental alphabet”. I can see a “z”. :wink:

sunflowerwoman: I like the camera shot a lot. I almost can imagine to see your reflection in the camera . I had a similar idea like the one in “fresh perspective” but I didn’t find a good picture. Well done.

candy: a great set. It’s my personal favourite set here. I love this bug-life-perspective and the colours are just lovely. :smooch:

goli: again a very strong set. It reminds me of some scene from “lord of the rings”. :wink: I wonder when Legolas is running through the pictures. :teaser:

hobbit: I really like your Mumbai-pictures a lot. They show the beauty in ugly things. That’s one of the things what only photographers can do: Showing us a different “perspective”. :flower:

Jana: Lovely Pictures! Your photos always have this exotic touch. I love the red lantern. It’s very Asian. And the soft colours in the water-bottle-picture are so beautiful. :swoon:

Oggi: “sunroof” is a great picture. The Airplane looks like a bird. Again it is a very different perspective. The dogs are just adorable and the freeway shooting is amazing.

SueD: I really like the guitar. I love the progression of your focus. Lovely!

Mackie: Please tell my, where did you find this sympathetically looking, pancake-faced-model? :lol::snap: Great Idea for “perspective” and great photos too.

oy! i thought mackie's model was really cute. :oh::p:smooch:

hobbie's pictures are extra incredible to me because i KNOW how hideous those buildings are. :lol: i go past them regularly and they're just blindingly ugly. entirely and positively gruesome. it's like a butcher designed those buildings, not an architect. that she found ANYTHING in them was amazing to me. :lol: and she didn't find just 'anything' but she found good photographs. amazing. :swoon:

i'm sure all of you guys do awesome stuff like this. at the end of the day, the photograph is just the end result of a process. which was why i thought the lifeline diary might be fun. it really would be great to know how people came up with stuff.

Guest doler

Did I already say i like this lifeline very much :oh:

Such great perspective on perspective.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective. :roll:

:lol::smooch:

:lol::p

love your avatar :manic: (do you rrealise that you wre the inspiration for the new theme?? ages ago, and i do not even remember which theme we were doing then, you ask for something like decay :p )

mackie? where are your comments? :teaser::lol::hat:

:bigeyes: cheeky thing!!!! :thonk:

(i will write them later. i am busy doing other things now :p )

:blush:

still stuffed from the lovely dinner

mackie? where are your comments? :teaser::lol::hat:

:angel: here:

bess / perspective blue has a nice layer of meanings, but my favorite is perspective floral, the soft pastel of the single blossom against the stark contrast of the branches against the sky.

Mars / i love the "sunchairs" :lol: at first i really thought that was what they are. or are they? and the zig-zag of the wall is a great take on the theme, too.

Sunny / i love it that both pictures have a circle as their center. two clever takes on the theme are meeting visually that way.

Kexs / do i have to say more than :swoon: ?? okay, if i have to - i love it aht at first sight it looks "easier" than it is, particularly the echo of the two black and white striped images that end up being so different at closer inspection. a beautiful trio.

Candy / :swoon: again. the orange stalk against the blue makes me watnt to be a beetle living there. :huh: okay, unti lthe next blackbird stops by for breakfast. another really beautiful trio.

Goli / others have said it - magical. the bridge just cannot be on this planet … love ths shot with the mist in it, too (from a waterfall?), and the pointy railing/shadow composition.

Hobbie / it is lovely how Goli's triangel composition is echoing in yours of the construction site (?). opposed to Goli's, a very urban collection. the rainy view with the red ribbed roof is lovely, so melancholy.

Jana / i love the lantern. it is such an athmospheric shot. the building actually could go to funny faces, too :lol: and the view through the bottle is very cool (through a glass darkly).

Oggi / "sunroof" is so beautiful.the small plane both child's toy and big symbol for the longing to leave, to see the world … we have a german word called "Fernweh" - the pain of yearning to see the world. – niece and nephew are such a darling "perspective".

Sue / i love it how the chimneys repeat the way the houses are lined up (and they are both two vey english images, i think). the guitar perspective is lovely, almost architectural, too.

self / i like the model :manic: (and Jana - it is not wood he is standing in front of, but a wall of slate blocks.)

it is a lovely lifeline :joy: thank you everybody.

Finally, finally, have managed to get impressions together. Sort of.

bess - "perspective blue" is just SO cool - I love the angles, and mentally cruising the information highway with "born to be wild" in the background.

Mars - I want to BE in the number five from the back chair with the different color - if they had all been the same color, it would still have been a good pic, but the one chair standing out makes it a GREAT pic, for me.

Sunny - Perspective sought, perspective found - very much the beginning and the end of a cycle, or literally, the circles are unbroken.

Kexs - there is something literally hypnotic about assortment of lines, very much classical "twilight zone". For some reason, this lifeline is making me "hear stuff" from time to time.

Candy - This feels like the earth took the pics from HER perspective. A little spooky, really.

moi - The bridge and the mist (which IS from a waterfall) are on the Marymere Falls trail, which is a hop, skip and a jump off of Highway 101 as it passes alongside Lake Crescent. The railing is from a boarkwalk along the shore of Liberty Bay in Poulsbo, which starts at the foot of the Sons of Norway Building, right at the end of the PARKING LOT for "downtown" Poulsbo. Very accessible.

Hobbie - I LOVE "Geneva" - something about the muted red in all the grey - "listen to the rhythm of the falling rain, telling me just what a fool I've been . . "

Jana - "Time in a bottle" is another spooky pic, there is something about it that is really a little disturbing and sort of claustrophobic. It's a RELIEF to see that lantern.

Oggi - I love the texture of "sunroof", and "Niece and Nephew" is very, very guilt-inducing - I would CAVE, immediately, and give the dog on the pillow ANYTHING he wanted. Very effective, I would guess, from that dog's perspective :duck:

Sue - The Bath pic is the epitome of the theme, I think - as it draws you into the pic and very much makes you follow along behind the photographer's view. Actually, right THROUGH the pic, and out the other side.

mackie - Ahem, I would be tempted to title this grouping "Forced Perspective" :evildb: "You're kidding, of course." "You're NOT?" "Too late now - but I'll get you later". I wonder if he did? "One way, or another . . . "

mackie - Ahem, I would be tempted to title this grouping "Forced Perspective" :evildb: "You're kidding, of course." "You're NOT?" "Too late now - but I'll get you later". I wonder if he did? "One way, or another . . . "

:angel: actually i dragged him out especially for that shoot. we both took other, more interesting pictures on the walk, though, so i guess he is not in a vengeful mood because of it. :manic:

Guest doler

:lol::p

love your avatar :manic: (do you rrealise that you wre the inspiration for the new theme?? ages ago, and i do not even remember which theme we were doing then, you ask for something like decay :p )

Yey I do remember that.

I found my avatar by googling my real first name and found this beautifull redhaired, blue eyed elf with the gift of healing, i think she suits me.