The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

3 minutes ago, bess said:

Interesting historical fact :yes:  :wow:

:old: and still :crazy: after all these years  :lol:

it is, isn't it :p and if we had kept it, it would be almost through with being a teenager now :lol: 

:crit:   :runaway:

:lol:

16 YEARS?!? :shock: 

Good grief! I know I wasn’t there at the beginning but it’s still a loooooong time! 

Finally got t’internet back at work after 10 days. Glad I’ve only been back since Monday, I was going nuts already! Our silly system plus the insistence that we don’t keep things on our computers but only on the network meant we could get NOTHING ! Not even the printer! Ah the power of lightning! One big zap, phone line blown out and we’re knackered! 

Not good about the :slam: :no:

:up:. That it is operational again!

whoa! ten days without internet and everything on the cloud? :wow: that was an interesting experience, I bet. :duck: 

:lightning:

:tired:

Hopefully an educational experience, as well, for whoever decided not to have any backup for the network :roll: 

That's for sure :shock:

We finally have a few cooler days, had some rain (not enough) and can relax a little. Funny how stressful really hot weather can become … :swoon: 

Sleep has improved, too. I actually need some sort of blanket again. :lol: 

And there is some energy for things beside the bare necessities, too :shock: 

A blessed change :swoon:

Same here. though the temperatures were tolerable there was glare and no rain  :neutral::tumble:

Yes the blanket I kicked off was gladly used again :lol:

Morning :tea: instead of ice :water:

Cooler here, too, but not for long enough. 

Sigh. Yesterday our HOA had its annual "clean up and free dump day", meaning you can bring your old stuff up to the little clubhouse, and they will have it hauled away to the dump (or donated, if the stuff is still good).  i got rid of a cat condo that Kristi doesn't really use, since Samster had ripped the inside of it, some old shelving i had used to keep Charles out of the cat litter area, two old cat carriers that had been in the garage for years, and Charles' old crate (which he hadn't used for several years) plus a ratty old matt - nothing usable in the lot.  So, good to get it out, but a little depressing.

So i thought I would get Ms. K something to replace the cat condo - bought something on the spur of the  moment after the pet store assembled it for me, brought it home, and had it fall apart in less than half an hour.  So, it went right BACK to the store, and my project for the day is to go look at stuff, VERY carefully :roll: 

Oh sheesh :duh:

But :idea:i hope your new mission has results :yes:

Getting rid is such a chore. Stirs up dust and memories. Unless it's of why do I even have this stuff :shock: 

:roll:. Then it is really good to do :yes2:

oh how frustrating, Goli :crit: 

I seriously need to do some de-cuttering. Very seriously. :duck: For all that I love sparely furnished rooms, I am not one to live like that, and I have to take care things do not take over. :db: 

And one of my brothers and my "conventional" sil are coming by on wednesday, so I have to get the place tidied up by then. :shock: Always good to have a reason and a deadline :lol: That will be "just" tidying, though. The declutterification will come after that.

:budo: 

quote right. guests pending = a motivator:panic: :shovel:

:hiding: <---- hidden stuff

:angel: