The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

oh dear, the i-net and computer trouble at work sound absolutely infuriating. :kind:

blog resurrection does sound good! :yes: :up:  but I need the link, please - lost it. :blush2:  

wyverbird.blogspot.com I think!! 

Id lost it myself and had to go digging, and then fight my way through the seven hells of computer security Google layered over it!! 

:roll:  an unbelievable set of techno-haywire mad :shock:  :duh: 

i am not very bright today, the power being out since yesterday early a.m. was tolerable until i was wide awake at 4 still in the dark this morning ... and wondering... what if the community water reservoir goes dry because the pump can't work (being electric). what if the drain system at my house backs up because *that* pump can't work... what if the week's supply of meats etc. in the freezer thaw then freeze again when the power is finally restored but what if the power is out forever :what:  i'll need to get more canisters of propane for the camp stove, and buy a new deep-cycle battery to run the wifi/router-thing and a light at night (because that quit too). what if - WHAT IF ...  *wtf* why couldn't i fall back to sleep :wallbang: 

i heard the wind-up clocks chime the half-hour between then and just after 6 when glory be i heard my printer hum to life and a night-light came on. i got up to plug in the router, was looked at by a sleepy cat, comfy in a box of papers i ought to sort  :neutral:

but have to put the top layer of the house, and me, in order first :snail: and cook some meats etc. that did thaw a bit :sweat: 

on the plus side, at least yesterday was sunny and I tried out my new wee solar charger to keep my iPod active for stuff that doesn't require internet :smart: 

:heart: for all of the tech and power issues.  We are so dependent on electricity now.  And there is nothing worse than the early morning what-if's, either.

Er, i forgot to mention that the other day, walking in Port Gamble, i came across some fallen chestnut thingees, extracted the nuts, and DID put them in my pocket for the rest of the day :oh: 

love this :up:  :chacha: 

i am making a point to find me some too :roflmao:

:manic:

I really am glad power outings are virtually unknown here. We had one a couple of years ago when a transformation station in the church basement exploded :shock: and i think I switched on things at least a dozen times the hour. :nuts: 

yes, we are so dependent on electricity … I keep thinking that when/if/once we lose it altogether, so many knowledge will be gone how to do things without … (nope, I am not so very optimistic about the future … :duck:

:wink:

:idea:  could become the thing to do, to live off the grid :yes: 

:omm:

Really, I am being bombed by chestnuts. :shock: :duck: 

:roflmao:

:what:  :hat:  :manic:

that IS an :eviltree:  :lol:

hmmm, maybe :squirrel:helping :huh2:  the wild ones drop fir 🌲 cones on us :duck: 

:squirrel:are EVIL animals :duck: 

Living off the grid, you know, it may be partly fear of having to do that that is making moi fixate so much lately on getting "back" to Lewis :shock: 

(I had written that the day you posted, and then had forgotten to publish it … :roll: )