The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

:roflmao:

oh dear about the hazelnuts … :neutral: we have a tiny hazelnut bush in a pot in the garden - a squirrel planted it last winder. :lol::squirrel: 

2 hours ago, bess said:

Now I'm hungry :roflmao:

:coffee:  :croissant:

Me, too :snap: :snap: :snap: 

:shock:  goli do we have the same storm again :duck: :huh:

I was just thinking how nice it would be to have hot :cocoa: when the power went out :crit:

Everywhere bad :runaway:

Yes thanks :yes: :heart: 

I woke up at 3 in the morning wondering why it was so quiet. The noisy storm was finally over :what:  :roll: but the power wasn't restored until 1430 hours today. That was 25 hours off the grid. It was ok while the solar back-up panel lasted though and we had internet, a floor lamp to see by, and could use our iPods. I keeping telling myself to get another one. Erm, :nudelholz: SELF, GET ANOTHER SOLAR PANEL 

In the wind of yesterday afternoon, big bits of roof trim of the house next door flew off, landing in my back yard :duck: 

Today the Guy :hat:  came to collect them off the ground, apologizing. Really, it wasn't his fault the wind was that strong :wow: 

The power goes out so often where I live, but I never get used to it, unless I would live outside the grid entirely... for now glad to be back to electric :omm: 

Whoa. That must have been quite a storm. Good thing the roof bits didn’t hit anything ... Yes, do get another solar panel :yes2: 25 hours off the grid is a long time.

What do you do for heating? 

:freeze: we bundle up :roll: the campstove puts out heat but need a window open to dispel the propane fumes. of course camping equipment is meant to be used outdoors. maybe not in a gale force winds :shock:

:idea: maybe a title butane cooker.... 

seemingly calm today. Happy Solstice time! :omm:

:heart: :freeze: :heart: may you been warm and cosy over the holidays.

:crossed:

We did probably have the same storm.  The power went off at 11:00 a.m. Thursday and came back on about 1:00 a.m. this morning :crit:  i wound up throwing out a bunch of stuff from the freezer.  Probably could have kept some of it, frozen dinners etc., and refrozen them, but i was queasy about the stuff having gone through TWO longish outages in less than a week -  better to be safe than sorry.  i don't have a back-up so it was one and a half pretty cold nights.  Thursday night, the main front road to our development was closed because a largish tree had fallen across it.  Last night (when i was coming back from going out and seeing the Christmas lights  in KIngston, which were GORGEOUS) there was a wreck with a firetrucks etc. and police with flares on the same road, which had been re-open for less than a day. 

oh dear. :shock: no fun.

Nor is having a cold house for more than a few hours. :freeze: 

We really should have that door that opens wherever we want. You could all have piled into my living room. :heart: :sisters: 

Don't we wish :champ:

ooooh :oh: 

:sigh: musta not been working right :peep:  like the food-fax :robot:  :cook2: 

3 hours ago, Mackie said:

:heart: :freeze: :heart: may you been warm and cosy over the holidays.

to us all! i'll raise a mug to that!  :cocoa:  :cookies:  :couch: