The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

happy waking up. (Though that is a bit of a late wish, after 2 hours. Happy waking up AGAIPN, perhaps? :p )

That long solo walk yesterday in the late afternoon was lovely, it was already dark and nobody was around. It was a bit damp but wonderfully lonely.

Oh lovely alone! I did not stay out long,, the damp and raw got to me  :duck: :couch: :roll:  

thank you I finally woke up :snail: :lol:

wide awake and bushy-tailed this morning :squirrel:

you need to know this  :silly2:

i spent yesterday driving around doing grocery shopping and buying a calendar for the new year,

Not too exciting.  Unlike Christmas Eve, when i had had the bright :idea: of trying out the new fast ferry from Kingston to Seattle, just over and back.

Except i didn't realize i didn't have time to get off and back on again BEFORE the thing took off (should have talked to the crew), So i was stuck in Seattle, just about the time everything there was closing.  So i wound up waiting inside at the next door State Ferry where i had an unsettling experience.  i walked into the ladies room and saw a small black woman with a bright yellow knitted scarf. For some reason, she triggered an instant alarm, and i walked right out, as she was saying, "What's the matter?!?" Before i could feel much more than a weird feeling of guilt for being suspicious of someone using the restroom while black, i saw one of the shop vendors on his cell phone, and two State police guys coming through the front doors.  Evidently, this little woman had been, among other things, asking people in the street for money, with a knife.  They hauled her out of the restroom and arrested her.

On Christmas Eve.  Sigh. On the one hand, it's good to know i still have my old Bay Area streets radar working.  On the other hand, there are a lot of people out there that our society has left behind, coping in ways that are dangerous to us and self-destructive to them.

Oh my ... I hope she gets the help she needs :crossed:

not much a Christmassy experience. :neutral:

Apart from that and the fastness of the schedule, taking the ferry at night would be cool :oh: 

i bought a calendar in October. Now I have to find it  :duh: :lol:

oh dear, what a jarring experience. :s good thing you listened to your first instinct, though :up: 

I read somewhere they found lout that your first reaction most often is right. Before you start thinking about it. Weird, isn't it.

self-preservation :yes2:

So I am last night dozing off in slumber land when a strange electronic sound from another room interferes. Then stops. I think it is the printer suddenly realizing it needs ink. Except it has never done that before and why now :huh2:

So I get up...it was my old smartphone which I don't charge unless I'm going to town where I might need it,  being out of range at home...but A T & T found it to send an alert :yes:

Washington state had no 9-1-1 so we /they would need to :phone:local police or fire if needed...

Which led me to wonder if there is a connection to the mess at the Capitol :crit:. or just related to recent power outages...

And I fell asleep hoping goli is all right. As I write in the dim light of day, surely yes :crossed:

Off to the shops soon  :car:

We isssssssssssssss jusssssssssssssssst fine, unlike CenturyLink, which has been having problems with its internet service (a day or so ago) and then the 911 fiasco, which seems to be okay in Kitsap County, where i live, but still a problem elsewhere in Washington.  And evidently, nationwide. i'm guessing it might be related to the epically bad weather this season :huh: 

That was spooky, bess :where: 

So far we haven't seen much of winter here; a flurry of snow in November, one night of frost, that was it. Just now it is damp and cold-ish, but not frosty. :neutral: rather boring weather.

In other news, I am reading the ducky's new book now :oh: :ducky: :book: 

I am sooooo behind!! 

First off, hope everyone had a merry Xmas and whatever despite the vagaries of weather and power and whatnot!!  Ours was quiet and, thankfully, mostly vertical! MadBro did most of the catering which was wonderful (and as he actually likes doing it.... :) )

Went to see Tats, they’re all ok on the whole, whole tribe home for Xmas, and we had the traditional Finishing The Turkey curry. 

Staying  here until 6 Jan, then back to the frozen north. 

:hey:  mad!  :heart:

good then! Merry back to you :tree: :p

goli, doesn't sound as bad :no3: and whew :sweat:only there is a fierce wind right now. again. :neutral:

Mackie yes weird :roll:

Ducky has a new book?  :oh:

It's a :coffee: and :couch: morning with :kitty:...

6 hours ago, mad said:

MadBro did most of the catering which was wonderful (and as he actually likes doing it.... :) )

then it should be his office henceforth! :wizard2: :wink: 

we are having rain. And then rain and some more rain. :crit: hmph.

Yes, ducky has a new book. A crime novel called Hush a bye, baby, and she hates the cover art :lol: I am in the middle and love it. (The book, not the cover art :p )

IMG_7565.jpg

Definitely MadBro should do the catering (and also, yes, someone else should do Jana's cover art).

And someone should do a spooky phone story :goodbad: