The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

Daring :dackel:indeed, to make the perilous crossing.  i'm sure she was exceptionally proud of herself, too :roflmao: 

:lol: :up:

We are back home and not so sure we want to be :wink: 

Yesterday was rather frantic - when I am on holiday, the stuff I do in my steady job is not being done at all, so when I get back it is :duck: In addition to it being a Monday, when I have to catch up with everything that came in during the weekend :crit: and on top of that I subbed for a colleague (the one with the huge message board with 220,000 users :wow: ), so Monday was STUFFED.

But now is Tuesday and things are more relaxed :p 

But I need to tell something in the Two Legs.

:walk: 

i can imagine you'd rather be somewhere else :heart:

:omm: for all things calming down.

catching up with work after a time away is a drag :panic:   :neutral:  :grumpy:  :sigh: but sounds good if the day after is better  :yes: 

Migi is off on production again,  this time in Munich. Jette and I are making the best of it, and that isn't half bad. :wink: :dackel: 

We had a long walk just now, a bit earlier in the day than usual, because I checked the weather and it promised to be overcast later, so we were clever and had a lovely spring sun walk along the river. The furry one decided it was the right time for a first swim :freeze: and so I had a very damp and sandy dog on my lap on the ferry home. :neutral: :lol: 

:lol:  welcome spring!

What a good use of the day :oh: 

I am off soon to errands in the next town :car:  :neutral: in a better mood for having read your post :heart: :dackel: :smooch:

The walk and the swim sound lovely - errands, er, not so much :duck: 

nope, we don't like errands much. :no: 

We were really tired after out walk; I had to work a bit afterwards, then I sat for a little while crocheting and than I was yawning so badly that I decided to take a nap.

We slept for more than two hours :shock: 

But then it was more than 7 kilometers at a good pace (4,4 miles). And we're no spring chickens anymore. :p 

:wow:that is a good workout for ladies of a certain age. of any age!

Well done !

Errands completed :ennui:  :neutral:  though there was a highlight in traffic at a construction zone :hat: a freight truck with 3 trailers loaded with big cement barrier thingies, was as long as a train :train: had to turn across my lane, for which we obligingly stopped :yes2: , amazed by its big-ness as it rumbled by, :duck: neatly joining traffic where it was supposed to

the driver :cool: gave us a wave  :p :blush2::manic: 

when I see huge rigs like that I always feel grateful that I am not the one driving it :duck: :nosee: 

When Jette an I visited the country in March, we took our usual morning walk that leads us across the fields (the Green Way, we call it :yes: ) and along the outskirts of a tiny village (maybe 10 houses in all). All roads are one-lane, some blacktop, some dirt. In this tiny village stood a huge truck with seed related load, and the driver had got out and was talking to one of the villagers. When we were a couple of hundred meters away he got back in and started to manoeuvre the huge thing backwards to reach the turnoff into one of the dirt roads. :duck: it was the one we were on, so we made hast to reach the next turn-off so he didn't have to crawl by, but it took him so much time to get into the road that we were long gone when he finally made it. 

For the rest of the morning I had to think about the fact that getting away from his destination he would to repeat a similar manoeuvre all over - at least once. :huh:  I didn't envy him … :no: 

:wow:

I just saw my postcount and my jaw hit the table :roflmao: 

you ol' chatterbox you :silly2:

on my little handheld I don't see the stats and other fun details... hmph.

So and the drivers of big rigs in small places most often manage :yes2:

good idea to retreat out of the way all the same  :smart: !

2 hours ago, bess said:

good idea to retreat out of the way all the same  :smart: !

especially with a small, cheeky and very curious doggy. :lol: 

Did I tell last summer about the herd of young cows she wanted go on the pasture to bark at? (And did, too, until I got really loud …) That was on the same Green Way walk. Until then I had taken her out in the mornings without her harness, but I learned that it is a good thing to have a handy grip on that little thing.