The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

six o'clock, I have to put the chicken to bed and feed the sheep. :sheep2::sheep2::sheep2::sheep2: :black::black::black::black:

:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

Four chicken, 8 sheep. :yes: 

:lol: and :roflmao: to second post 

Keep it! We did that one entire year. Worked well! But I feel better following available daylight, whenever.

One option is to keep it ON the summer time.  Makes sense this far north, since the winter days get so short ANYWAY :roll: 

yes, that would definitely make more sense then returning to normal (factually winter) time. I think it is an option they have in mind. If with politicians you can speak of minds. :crit: 

yersss :where:

I am off the dentist now. We found a hole to fill :sigh: 

ack. :duck: may it be filled speedily and painlessly. :crossed:

It was, with the tiniest amount of anaesthetic....a drug all the same. I had a sleepless night :sigh:  :roll:

rainy out :oh: made dough for bagels :cook:  

while that rises, lunch  :sandw:

:oh: yummy!

ever since I lived through the extraction of a tooth with an inflamed root, where the old-fashioned anaesthetics didn’t work, I am glad for the drugs. :duck: 

yes they do what they are supposed to at the dentist :yes2:  only i am so reactive to chemicals... just like processed foods...  un-natural. feeling droopy but better than this morning. :water: cleansing the system  :wink:

oh, I remember now that you told us before. :s That is no fun, hopefully you'll feel better soon. :heart:

Today my part-time chicken made one hell of a racket at bed-time; I checked and couldn't find anything amiss. Finally I asked the travelling owners, and they said that they are doing that a lot; a handful of lettuce leaves and they went to bed happily and quietly. :lol: 

:shock:  i had no idea!

:chicken: :broccoli: :chicken:  :broccoli:  nomm nomm  :omm: 

we used to have chickens when I was a kid, but that is a looooooong time ago, so I have to re-learn. Also, things have changed a lot since then, for chickens, too :lol: 

They lay the most delicious eggs, too. And pretty eggs! Wait, I take a picture.

Huge picture but I am too lazy to re-size … :lazy:

IMG_0462.thumb.jpg.312a234f8851c0f9403950388bca31b4.jpg

:heart:  about dentists and drugs

:roflmao: about handfuls of lettuce for the chickens

and the eggs are GORGEOUS :oh: 

Totally :yes:

Some Aracuana (spelling?) hens I think? Little red hens lay brown eggs maybe

Never had chickens but eat a lot of eggs :p

best eggs I remember having :yes:

I am not sure which ones lay the green eggs :lol: one of the five is trying to brood - there is no rooster, so she doesn't have a chance. :lol: but she still collects all the eggs and sits on them. I have to pick her up and set her down, to collect the eggs and also to make sure she gets her share of food and treats. Silly little hen. The first time I was a bit awkward with it, but now we are both used to it. Such a small handful of bones and feathers, really.

They have a nice place her, a small enclosure with the little henhouse, and then a corridor made out of wire mesh leading to a bigger enclosure, including a bit of a small brook and a small bit of a wooded area. It's all protected by double wire mesh because last year there was a hawk who got into the enclosure and killed several hens. :shock: 

My mom used to have chickens, but she wasn't too fond of them. :p The henhouse was old and the dratted chicken (about 15, I seem to remember, including a rooster) kept escaping. They went into the flower beds and scratched, doing a lot of damage. And what was even worse - they did it early in the morning, waking my mom, who was not a morning person. :lol: she then threw things out of the window at the hens, anything she had in her reach, her slippers or oranges, whatever. :roflmao: I remember being sent into the garden to pick up her missiles later in the morning. 

My dad, who was a morning person, was then sent out to lure the chicken back into their house. When my mom did that, she used a bowl with their feed, shaking it a little, calling, "Komm Tuck-tuck-tuck-tuck!" , very fast, like she was a chicken herself. My dad went out with the bowl and called, "Komm Tuck ... tuck ... tuck ... tuck ..." He never could do it fast enough for the chickens to take him seriously. :roflmao: