The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

So cool about your postperson, goli! :up: 

Yes, trees can be a hazard and a nuisance (I bet they think that about humans, too :p ), and having to take one down can get expensive. :duck: I hope there are no nasty surprises waiting. :crossed: 

Sorry to have been absent, we were working to get Migi installed in what was until now my office - we are sharing it now, and he is paying for it :blush2: :heart: It is actually nice, for one, it made me declutter the place in earnest, and as I am working alone all the time, it is cool to have somebody there now and then. He is still working at the agency, of course - the home office is for personal stuff (he is making electronic music) and for when he has a lot of photos to edit for his job. Until now he did that in the very cramped space that went for an office in his home, so he feels he can unfold a little :yes: 

So, good for both of you :chacha:

:manic: :smart:

good for :dackel: too :yes:

2 hours ago, bess said:

good for :dackel: too :yes:

yes, she loves it. There are special games we only play at the office, like the one with the Ikea bag full of toilet paper rolls (the inner tubes), where I drop teats into and she can go digging. She loves that one :lol: :dackel: I have a video of that:

:roflmao:    :up:

Mackie, it's so cool that you and Migi can share an office, lots of perks in general,. I love the pic of Jette and her adorable bottom ! Also that Pineapple pillow is wonderful, I wish Spike would fit in one. lol

Yes, Bess, we also  call it Labor Day and Goli told it perfectly. I should look up Arbor Day, I think we are supposed to put trees in the ground . The trees around here are every were and just so prolific.

Goli, I was going to ask why they would cut down the other trees but It makes sense. We have had several trees over the years that fell in awkward places. One year we had a 10  day outage because of a walnut tree pulled all the power lines to you house. The beautiful bastard!  We have a huge    old beloved oak tree that I hope lives forever. :broccoli:

Bess, the best combo is books and yarn! lol I get a lot of them from the Net. I'm greedy, I want them now and a lot of them lol  

It's always sad when an old tree falls, isn't it. Even when it falls not as awkward as that walnut … :duck: 

The other trees that they cut were all alders that had basically passed their life span (and make wonderful firewood - they left my neighbor a whole big pile of it, neatly chopped) - the elder who made the decision owns a lot of land in the area and has thinned out other portions of it - the alders basically grow like weeds here and it is part of managing the land.  It's sad for us when the trees fall, but it is part of the natural cycle.  What ISN'T is clear cutting everything, which we have had way too much of lately.

Sigh.  So,  probably aside from the one alder in the front, i won't take anything else down. i took a look myself at the other trees, and they all look young and healthy :oh: 

And Jette is quite the determined digger, isn't she :oh:

relentless :shock:  :heart: 

:p 

(yes alders are weed-y things, but do their job as Nature's composters!)( yup, excellent  firewood :fire: )

3 hours ago, Goli said:

And Jette is quite the determined digger, isn't she :oh:

she totally is, when edibles are involved :lol: 

Some of our neighbors up the hill have culled a bunch of trees and it is so weird to see the naked parts. lol They took the ones right by the road ( not really legal, not sure how they got away with that) Going up we see fields we haven't seen  for ages and coming down we have huge old trees drupe over the road. The gorgeous drooping ones belong to the church so it's not going anywhere.  :up:

I've started reading a book that has a few dogs in it. One is a wire heard Dachshund. The dogs talk! lol  Kind of odd book but it's growing on me. Author is Rita Mae   Brown. Sometimes  I wish Spike could talk but others, not so much. :dackel::bone:

If Jette could talk, we wouldn't hear the end of it I guess :lol: :duck: :runaway: The way she can argue without words, her WITH words is a scary prospect. (Though whenever she is feeling poorly i wish she could tell me what's wrong … )

Oh yes :yes2:  :sigh: