The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

:green: you were there! 

there is a lone deciduous shrub across the street that right now glows even on dull days. there are maples here and there too that turn yellow then brown. no flaming tones of orange and red in between. a pity :dunno:

knitting a hat today :freeze:there was frost this morning :what:

we were close to frost two nights ago :shock: rather early.

Migi says, the best fall colours he has seen so far were in Kyoto. I envy him Kyoto even without fall colours :crit: :p 

Yup, Kyoto envy quite understandable.  We have been getting close to frost, too, way early.  AND very early :snow: in Eastern Washington and in the passes :shock:

um, ya... :neutral: :crit:  :angel:

(this was stuck in Save since 20 hours :huh2: )

21 hours ago, Mackie said:

.... I envy him Kyoto even without fall colours :crit: :p 

bess, I had that the other day, too. :lol:  :crit: :neutral: 

Goli, snow?? :shock: :duck: :runaway: 

Today I am sleepy from doing nothing, basically.

21 hours ago, Mackie said:

Goli, snow?? :shock: :duck: :runaway: 

Only in the mountains and the eastern part of the state, nowhere near here :omm: 

48 minutes ago, Goli said:

Only in the mountains and the eastern part of the state, nowhere near here :omm: 

phew. :sweat: 

We have weird warm, wet weather. Rather fall-y, but too warm for the season. Nice for walking, though, as it's only raining in showers, so I am not really complaining.

:dog02:   :walk:

Good weather for mushrooms :mushrooms: :shock:

:up: walking!

Oh yes, I've already seen amazing mushrooms. I really like touching them - a big, healthy mushroom has such an amazing texture. :mushrooms: Sadly most of them are immediately destroyed (by children or idiots :p ) 

Last year I picked and ate some mushrooms; I do not know the english name.

image.thumb.png.65cda5d9a922122c78cc4e56bac2264d.png

when they are really fresh and do not start the dissolving, they are wonderful. You cannot buy them because they're too easily damaged and soon start their rather icky dissolving process, but picked and eaten fresh within a couple of hours … :swoon: 

Inky Caps I think.   :yes:

They do not look edible after those first hours :no3:

I did not know they are edible and choice :up:

PS Your photo-show is perfect! :wow:

i didn't know they were edible either, and, yes, the pictures are choice as well :oh: 

oh, the pics are stolen on Wiki :p 

My dad taught me to eat them. That was way before the times of the interwebnet, and we (my mom and all the children) were very suspicious of the ink caps (what a perfect name! German name is Schopftintling - tufted inkling). We didn't want him to eat them. Nobody had much of an idea about mushrooms because aside from champignons on the horse pastures, there weren't many edibles around in the marshes ...

So eventually Dad, frustrated with his arguing family in front of a pile of fresh-cut mushrooms, just stuffed one into his mouth and swallowed. 

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:  :manic: :shock: 

When he was still alive after half an hour, we let him eat the rest :lol: and tried them, too. They really are delicious.

Also, you cannot mistake them for other, less edible ones, which is a big plus, in my eyes :yes: :up: 

yes!  :smart:  and :roflmao: 

my mom had a sense about edible mushrooms, would bring some home from a walk and :cook: . i do not have that talent. or taste for them :duck: (a pity  :sigh:because i love hunting for them in the fall to take pictures :photo:  

one season, along a walking path in the swirling mist there were some eerie blue ones :shock:  i wonder if i can find that file  :gogetem: 

(or maybe i'll find them on the webnet to pinch :manic:  :up: )