The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

Hopefully, the generations coming up will have learned from our mistakes in time to fix some of them.  Sigh.

:earth:  :heart:  

so and the time change happened :neutral: 

moi and :kitty: didn't notice :roll:  however unlike Miss Yu  if i look at a digital clock today i am confused :lol:  

the provincial gov't did a survey, response was greater than any election.  the vote was 93% in favour of doing away with time change. we would stay at Pacific standard time - the time it is now. here's hoping when :duck: politics settle in other jurisdictions of the time zone  :shock: 

Sigh. I so do not want to go back to normal (winter) time all year round … but there is no quick decision in sight here. :dunno: 

3 hours ago, Goli said:

Hopefully, the generations coming up will have learned from our mistakes in time to fix some of them.  Sigh.

:yes2: :heart: :earth: 

I used to work at a marine station always on standard time, changed the hours of the work-day depending on the time of year. A while ago now :old: 

:wow: what did you do there, bess? Inquiring minds … :p 

:lol:

I fed data cards into a huge IBM 1130  :dalek: :whoop:

:silly2: it was a job... but we could eat lunch by the water and watch the research vessels dock  :boat:

yes, some jobs are more interesting than others (tell me all about it, my currents jobs are really thrilling, either …) but then, they are jobs and we all must eat, right? And sleep someplace. And feed the dog. :p  And having a nice place for lunch is something :yes: 

:yes2: how it is :up:

The less said about most of my jobs, the better.  What some of them DID have, though, were great places to go walking at lunch. 

i know this...  :seesaw:i was happy to be rid of a desk job in a square office, so miss that noon-time hike around a nature reserve :heron:

a relief that even the two were within a block of each other is :shock: 

I have worked in an office (other than my own) for only a little time, but even from then, lunch hour and the chance to go someplace else is fondly remembered. :yes: 

Hmmm. Somehow , except when I was in high school working in a canary in summer.  Actually I did ( work ) but rarely got money. lol I I volunteered helping at schools, a library, food bank, church stuff, etc. In hinesite   I would have been paid a bit, lol For a few years I did get paid by the school , that was cool! lol    

yes, I often wonder what the world would be like without so many people volunteering. So much important stuff is done without anyone getting paid, and that is not always fair. Like food banks, they basically are all staffed by volunteers, right? 

Yup. At least, here they are.