The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

Kindred spirits ❤️

Good for both of you :joy:

I'm sorting through things. At the moment, camera things. :neutral:

So many old cameras I won't need again (nor will anyone else, nothing of real value among them). It still feels like betrayal to take them to the dump, but I will. The old ones won't even go into recycling since there are no electronics in them :lol: just imagine!

The other day, the nice niece was explaining to Felix and his little sisters how we used to take pictures and had to wait (usually for days) until we got to see them. It was inconceivable for them. :lol: And we would have thought digital photography science fiction.

Ain't it the truth  :shock:

Is it possible to take the old cameras to a metal recycling place? Or put in a box marked free? We have sold some on eBay (cheap) too.

yes, they go in a metal bin. I have sold some, too, and still have one or two I might try to give away so as I don#t have to dump them, but basically they are old and all have had their share of work, so they are not in mint condition.

I am going to keep my first one, though. Agfa clack. :roflmao: (That was truth in advertising, because that was exactly the sound it made when you pressed the shutter :p 

I love that :lol: 

And I know, we have to let some things go. It is maddening on the conscience...do this or that :crit:  :sheep2: 

yep. Always a bit of :panic2:happening.

What if the week after I get rid, I want the thing after all ? :angel:

Then you say aw darn, gone. :smart:

(I try to take my own advice.... :sigh:)

The only way moi can be sure of really getting rid of something is to throw it IN the garbage can ON the day the garbage is picked up. Too many afterthought retrievals otherwise  :roll:

since we share our garbage bins with 18 neighbors, i would never go and take something out again. :lol: 

But yes, the fear of needing a particular thing a week after I dumped it is familiar. :duck: happened a couple of times, too. :wail: But then think of all the times (hundreds, surely) when it did not happen.

I imagine the inner monologues we have when deciding what to dump must be really similar :lol: 

The agony :roll:  :lol:

"but it looks so useful"  :crit:

" I remember where/when i bought it - even if it DOESN'T fit (and hasn't for ten years, and won't. ever. again.)"