The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

:heart:

:wink: :heart: :yes2:

:manic: I am quite happy with my decision, actually :yes: bess, I wouldn't imagine you to get bored in retirement, either ... :p 

It all was rather silly. My current contract is limited to one year, as the one before it was, and the one before that. And last year they told me they probably would not be able to give me another one this year because I am too old. So for the past weeks I was thinking about whether I would be out on the street come July ... and then I started to really think. 

I have been unhappy with how my (part-time) work has been cutting up my days more and more. I used tobe able todo it in bulk and then I was free for the rest of the day - now I have to go online at least 4 times a day and check the Instagram and Facebook-Accounts, and in addition I have to deal with four email-accounts. They are paying me for 15 to 20 hours a week, and that's about it, but if you cut that up into slices of an hour or 90 minutes, the rest of the day is just crumbs, at least for me. And it has been a while since I had the energy to start into some serious free stuff at 8 pm ... :lol: :old:  

So I decided that this would be it, I didn't want to wait and  hear what had been decided, but I sent out a mail to my (female) bosses and colleagues, saying that I was going to retire July 1st.

Giggle.

I got a lot of really nice and even sweet responses, from my bosses, too. And they told me they had been talking about my contract, and had been about to offer me an unlimited contract. :shock: It would have meant the same work, the same money, only no fixed end of contract. A year ago I would have been delirious about that, and two months ago I probably would have accepted it. But now I had already put a lid on that in my mind, and I wasn't really tempted.

So yeah, that was really funny. :p 

:oh: :up: once you made the decision you were free :chacha: :joy:

I applied for and got gov't supplement :yes: Living expenses are covered. There is a bit over to save for needs or to spend on wants :wink:

I do not miss Work :omm: 

:no3:

i have not missed work AT ALL, although i sometimes think i should look for something part time and useful :roll:

Then sanity returns.

Moo, your bosses were lucky to have had you, and you certainly were putting in more than twenty hours a week.  VERY good thing you cut them off.

23 hours ago, bess said:

I applied for and got gov't supplement :yes: Living expenses are covered. There is a bit over to save for needs or to spend on wants :wink:

I do not miss Work :omm: 

:no3:

excellent! :heart: 

19 hours ago, Goli said:

i have not missed work AT ALL, although i sometimes think i should look for something part time and useful :roll:

Then sanity returns.

:lol: hold on to that :p 

so we will be three retirees soon :manic: I like that. When Mad comes visiting we can call her spring chicklet :p 

:roflmao:

We went to Ratzeburg again today and walked around the smaller of its lake. It was a 10 mile / 16 km trek, and we are completely done in :lol: 

but it was really good. Cool but nice weather, and little Miss Sausage, for all her ten years, kept up perfectly. :heart: And slept like dead on the train back (after making sure she had eaten every treat we had taken with us, that is). A really lovely day.IMG_5893.JPG.76f22eee3e64a0c5bc652b9567f9e0a7.JPG

IMG_5892.thumb.JPG.86df26aef3a43c34f19f2293b1b30c93.JPG

IMG_5891.thumb.jpg.39058e9d083bc884808408f67e2d0af5.jpg

IMG_5878.thumb.jpg.223703d90efb586425d3ca9f970c9b22.jpg

Gorgeous, gorgeous :swoon:

:dackel:is  10         :shock:

2 hours ago, Goli said:

:dackel:is  10         :shock:

:yes2: I find that rather disturbing, myself … :duck: 

But (fingers crossed :crossed: )she is so fit! We had trouble with her food for years, she kept getting bellyaches, and it took us a while to get to the right way to deal with that. Now she gets ONE kind of canned food and the same stuff dry as crunchy treat, and ONE kind of semi-dried bones for gnawing.

She loves all three :sweat: and hasn't had a bad belly day for more than three months now except for one time where she ate :poo: ( :runaway: ) and one time where she had to get rid of a piece of bone backwards and it took a bit.

So yes, she is fit now and really happy (unless she has reason to complain, like tonight, when we had lasagna and she did NOT get to eat the cheese crust :shock: ). 

Now that we've found the right kind of food, she can have tiny bits of other stuff (really tiny bits), like when we're in the kitchen and she can smell meat or cheese or anything else she considers a treat. She enjoys her mini morsels and feels like she is still getting the good stuff. :heart: 

(And tonight we ate our lasagna with laser beams following every bite from plate to mouth. :eye: :eye: )

:scotch:To mini-morsels and healthy regular food.  It just doesn't seem possible that so much time has passed :nosee:

nope, it doesn't.

Jettchen now and then. :heart: jette0bis10.thumb.jpg.54b94cb628acb4907c893afd3090270f.jpg

oh gosh :heart: 

i would be watching every bite of the lasagna too :crit:  :cant_eat_cheese:

:oh: lurvvv the photos  :yes: :up: 

i have :heart: 'd some of them at Instagram too :manic:  :angel: 

10 hours ago, bess said:

i have :heart: 'd some of them at Instagram too :manic:  :angel: 

I know you have :smooch: 

oh dear, now I picture myself sitting between you and Jette, trying to eat lasagna … :eye: :eye: :duck::pasta: :eye: :eye:  

I think we'd just have cake instead. :yes: :bigcake: :sisters: