The Hidden Fortress
jana

i *SEE* you

I really cannot believe we're almost through with July. :shock: where did the time go?

Last year I had already spent weeks in the country at this point, and more of it ahead of me; this year it's not yet quite clear if I get to go at all. And I really miss it ... :wail: 

Due to all big events being cancelled, I am not under so much pressure to leave the city- it is rather quiet this year, with Corona regulations and everything. But I really miss walking in the fields and spending days in the garden near the pond, with Jette barking at the frogs or sleeping in the grass ...

Well, I hope I get to go at least once next month or in September.

It's like most of summer has just fallen down a nasty rabbithole into CovidLand.

Except for all of the social unrest here, which, fortunately, is mostly at least a ferry ride away from me.  Although I did buy a Black Lives Matter tshirt which finally arrived a week ago, and which I have worn out once, so far. 

Black Lives Matter.jpg

ready-to-wear stated  :cool:

I can only imagine the accumulated vibe :roll:

my country is learning lots about itself and others too. :sigh:

6 hours ago, Mackie said:

Well, I hope I get to go at least once next month or in September.

:crossed: for you and :dackel: that you can :yes2: 

:crossed: as well.

That's such a cool shirt! :wow: 

Yes, we are in a learning process, too. Lots of racism in Europe, open and not so open.

I guess we none of us could have expected what kind of a year 2020 would turn out to be. :duck:  :shock: :wow: I think it would be nice if 2020 gave us a nice present in November.

There were lots and lots of shirts out there, and it took quite a bit of scouring the Amazon to find this one - originally, it wasn't going to be delivered until the middle of August, but, suddenly i got the notice it was on its way :roll:  The racism has always been a problem here, obviously, but it had gone somewhat underground for a while.  Much of the culture has changed, as a lot of the younger generations are much more accepting and tolerant.  The problem is that the institutions haven't changed, and hopefully, now that the children realize THAT, they will get out and VOTE and, yes, there will be a VERY nice present in November :crossed: 

What has astounded me is that it's taken off so strongly in Europe as well, and the sight of the slave trader statue in Bristol coming down was an early present.

40 minutes ago, Goli said:

... hopefully, now that the children realize THAT, they will get out and VOTE and, yes, there will be a VERY nice present in November :crossed: 

What has astounded me is that it's taken off so strongly in Europe as well, and the sight of the slave trader statue in Bristol coming down was an early present.

yes, it has made quite an impression here, too. And we have our own discussions here, about Bismarck, for instance. There is a HUGE Bismarck sculpture close to where I am. It's being restored just now after falling into disrepair, and now it's being questioned if spending so much money on that is a good idea. They will be spending 9 mio Euro on it,and the city really has more pressing needs … 

There are talks about how to include some critical content now.

image.png.f7ae265330274cb61916505a3643a7ee.png

zGives one pause to reconsider :yes2:

There are changes to team sport names, among other mis-appropriations that should never have been used :nosee: 

I like that the new ice hockey team in WA state is named the Seattle Kraken :duel:  arrrrh. I looked them up at Wiki....a co-owner is one Jerry Brookheimer :what:

Seattle Kraken is a cool name! 👍

Yes, many things still had names that just don’t work anymore. 
(and I bet finding out the owner was :shock: )

The Bismarck could go down for all I care. The whole thing is such an outdated eyesore. (The sculpture itself has some aesthetic merit, but the whole building is rather ugly ... very much late Kaiser era. Too much of everything and then some.)

Yes. Heavy :roll:

(Brookheimer = producer of Pirates o.t. Caribbean I should have explained :blush2: )

i suspect a lot of places may start rethinking some of the historical monuments, now that we are actually revisiting some of the history in light of more modern thought.

Not 100% sold on the Kraken, since already some of the bozo-bozette radio announcers have come up with "let's get crackin'" as a slogan :barf: 

Bruckheimer fits well with it, though.

I thought of that too :p hope the PR ppl can improve on that

:roll:

Bozettes... :roflmao:

4 hours ago, bess said:

(Brookheimer = producer of Pirates o.t. Caribbean I should have explained :blush2: )

I know :p