The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

new lifeline theme

Guest Girl from Mars

erm … why should you send her money? :huh:

well, she sort of "asked" for a gift for her baby. püh. since i apparently swim in money....

love the statue! we also have something in similar vein:

450px-4377_-_Bern_-_Kindlifresserbrunnen_am_Kornhausplatz.JPG

it's the kindlifresserbrunnen :lol:

:shock: that's a good shocker :p

the sculpting is fascinating :swoon: same with the single man and his worst nightmare :duck:

:lol:

marsie that isn't cool to be asked for a 'present' :crit:

definitely not. it's one thing when a group of friends/colleagues get together and have a collection/buy a present, but to ask is.... not right. and it certainly shouldn't be expected. :no:

marsie that isn't cool to be asked for a 'present' :crit:

:crit: no, it isn't, and it sounds like marsie is NOT the only victim, if the :muppet: is spamming everyone she knows :thonk2:

Guest Girl from Mars

yes, she is a bit of a genius. gave up her job because of burn-out (she was working part time in a printing company), moved to Germany to her boyfriend (who also does not have a lot of money, being divorced and having to pay for a teenage daughter) and got pregnant immediately because she is 40 next year and wanted to be a mom so badly. Relationship is not going well, there is no money and she does not have a job. Soooo, she "asks" her "friends" for money. (Durch die Blume aber wir wissen, was sie meint - how can you translate this, Mackie?)

Guest Girl from Mars

definitely not. it's one thing when a group of friends/colleagues get together and have a collection/buy a present, but to ask is.... not right. and it certainly shouldn't be expected. :no:

we did that. the people from our rat club got together and we gave her vouchers for diapers :lol:

:up: good solution!

i think being desperate for parenthood makes people completely unrational. :s i always find it really sad, and often a bit scary.

Durch die Blume? :lol: i think that is maybe, "in a roundabout way", or "between the lines"? some things are really hard to translate :yes:

indirectly? dropped a heavy hint?

Guest Girl from Mars

a very heavy hint :lol: "we are soo short of cash. we really need a lot of money now that we have ronja..."

my reaction... "should have thought of that before you got pregnant!"

yes, that would have been the moment to hink … :p

you're right, Mars, that wasn't a hint, more a Wink mit dem Zaunpfahl :roll: (a wave with a fencepost).

:lol: