The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

writers' chat

yes, life has an annoying way of blocking the good stuff. :db:

well, look at the time passed this the last post up there :roll::lol:

after a long long time i am again in the slightly frightening and very pleasant situation of starting a new story … i had meant to really write down a detailed plotline, a flow chart, something like that. well, up to a certain point i did, too … but now i have jumped in, and started writing, because i realised that sooner rather than later, some people are going to throw a stick into my perfect plans anyway :p and the plotline had a tendency to turn into single scenes already … :p

it feels like starting a journey, and it is a good feeling :manic:

:insp:

:oh:

:joy:

me likey. :oh: me also waitey for new story's first chapter. :yes:

:yes:

:waiting:

no :waiting:

:thonk2:

not anywhere near having a chapter, so far :p

actually, when it comes to waiting for chapters …

:run:

:lol: indeed..

:joy:

i just spent one of the best afternoons in a looooong time, sitting in the rather crowded café, writing. :insp:

it is funny, i really can focus best on getting the story out when there is a constant level of distraction. this time i was on so much of a roll, it really was intoxicating, almost. i got to an important part of the story, the moment when it revealed what it really is about, and there were so many things i was not really sure of (as always :lol: ) - but it really came together in an unexpectedly smooth way, much easier and much more coherent that i had reason to hope for. that really is the moment i do it for - the one moment where the characters just take the plotline and run with it :p it is like watching the whole thing happen, just trying to keep up to write it all down.

it isn't happening all the time, so i am grateful for the moments when it does. it feels like one of the real luxuries in my life, treating myself to the time off to sit and do something so completely without any "sense". :lol: i think this is the closest i can possibly come to having a holiday - even really going away (and really enjoying it) doesn't leave me with this sense of contentment. it makes up for all the times when i am wondering why the hell i am spending so much time with this story :lol::roll: it is a little weird, you know. but then, so am i :p

:fire:

That is so cool, Mackie. And it makes sense in the best possible way....it is soul nourishing & healing, that kind of experience.

The "perfect storm" in the very best way. :yes:

When people talk about having a day to themselves and "taking a mental health day". this is exacttlly what they hope for.

that really is the moment i do it for - the one moment where the characters just take the plotline and run with it :p it is like watching the whole thing happen, just trying to keep up to write it all down.

that's exactly it, isn't it - the moment you find out what really happened, how things get sorted out... this makes so much ese to me...i'm not so sure about the distraction thing, though i guess it's like being entirely on your own - the worst thing (i find) for writing is having people around that you have to interact with... i love madsMum dearly, but i can't write with her around (she tends to want to know what's going on in the story for one thing!).. i only seem to be able to write on the laptop though, which is a bit more intrusive for others, and makes writing less easy - i can jot down phrases, ideas etc, but not write for real in longhand. i need one of these days someday soon -have an idea (vague!) but haven't truly got to grips withthe characters yet, so need that 'meshing' moment.

When people talk about having a day to themselves and "taking a mental health day". this is exacttlly what they hope for.

yes! absolutely. :yes:

that's exactly it, isn't it - the moment you find out what really happened, how things get sorted out...

isn't it amazing how that is happening almost away from yourself, as if you are nothing more than the one who is recording it? :roll: so strange, and quite lovely when it happens.

this makes so much ese to me...i'm not so sure about the distraction thing, though i guess it's like being entirely on your own - the worst thing (i find) for writing is having people around that you have to interact with...

oh, i can't do that, either. if i am with people i know i am "going away", pulling back into a bubble of my own. with some people it works, with others it doesn't. i can get quite crabby, actually :lol:

.. i only seem to be able to write on the laptop though, which is a bit more intrusive for others, and makes writing less easy - i can jot down phrases, ideas etc, but not write for real in longhand.

it is strange - i have to write the first draft in longhand, or it isn't happening. :roll:

i need one of these days someday soon -have an idea (vague!) but haven't truly got to grips withthe characters yet, so need that 'meshing' moment.

:oh: i certainly love the sound of that :yes:

it is strange - i have to write the first draft in longhand, or it isn't happening
i get too frustrated with all the crossings-out!! i like the cut and paste, and overwrite thingies! i rewrite so many times, i need all the help i can get!

i can re-write better by hand :roll:i am using A4 notebooks, writing on the right side page, using the left side for plotting, and for inserts … works fine for me. some of the pages are getting a bit involved after a while, though :lol:

:heart: