The Hidden Fortress
Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

writers' chat

i've always niggled about the clothes thing with shapeshifters.... the Hulk wrecked so many shirts and trousers..... the bit in Twilight kind of irritated me for some unknown reason.. yeah right, they'd have trousers attached.... mind you, Sergeant Angua has a silk dress in a pouch on her collar, so i guess it's already out there....

:lol: it was always a fun thing to consider, though - waking up after shifting and having to get home... American werewolf does it beautifully

i never saw AW :lol: but i love to grapple with the practicalities of improbable situations :p

it haS some lovely stuff to say about Twilight.... :lol:

if you find the right bit... it's labyrinthine.....

That site sounds just my thing! I'm heading there later for sure.

There was a great scene in one of TPs books where Sgt. Angua & a newbie on the Watch, a woman Vamp, were discussing the problem of shifting & clothes. The lady Vamp became hundreds of bats when she shifted and her clothing issues made Angua's seem minld. :roflmao:

Poor Oz , a werewolf on Buffy always woke up shivering & naked the next morning.

Wow, that site is vast and wondrous.

I like the list of Evil Overlord guidlines.

#7: "When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No." :roflmao:

One thing certainly does lead to another there and I can't figure out how to go back just 1 page. I have to x out of the whole thing back to here. Although it's very pleasant here, it somewhat time consuming. What am I missing?

don't you have a back arrow on your browser, Jude?

Have you tried pressing the ALT key and <-- (we don't have an arrow emo :crit:)

And just so you're all aware:

I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation.

:manic:

:lol:

(Boo, i didn't mean an arrow button on the keyboard, but usually browsers do have forward and backward arrows - on firefox it is at the top left, for instance)

That's good to know, Betty. :joy::poof:

Yes, I do have a big green back arrow < button but when I go to the Tropes site from Mad's link it button goes grey and does nothing.

It has never done that before except oddly this morning when I was looking up a newspaper site. It wouldn't go green so I could get back to the Google main page. I hit the arrow forward > and then back and it righted itself.

Soooo, the fault is probably with my comp. Or possible Firefox.

hmm. i'll go and look. i use Firefox...

ok, opened up in new tab... :yes: Back button goes grey - which is understandable as it's a new tab and hasn't anywhere to go back to other than the ether....click on one of the links, to open up on the same tab... button goes green as is right and proper....wander around surfing through a few more pages....the back button does work, but it's so easy to get waaaay down in the labyrinth that it takes years to 'back button' your way back....go to top left and click on 'Main Tropes Index' to get back to the main listing i linked to..... :smart:

any help?