The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

The CookBook

I've never tried making tomato soup and that's probably the easiest you can do :lol:

Becky at work mentioned yesterday that she was going home to cook butternut squash and pumpkin curry :slobber: Must definitely get that recipe.

i read 'becky' as 'betty' and was a little :huh: that you were going to ask yourself for a recipe. at work. and that too, tomorrow. :roll:

Guest Sue

I made lamb rogan josh but did n't have any lamb so used butternut squash...and it was surprisingly good!

I made lamb rogan josh but did n't have any lamb so used butternut squash...and it was surprisingly good!

Sounds interesting. :yes: I've never had rogan josh :no:

Guest Girl from Mars

Oops, forgot the olives! Greek salad must have olives :yes: I know some people hate them but I could not live without olives :yumm: :yumm:

olives are lovesome. :yes:

lamb rogan josh without lamb! :roflmao: that's priceless! of course, the humour is only there for the lone indian on the board, i suspect. :p rogan josh is just so entirely non-vegetarian that no one here would ever think of supplanting the meat... and of all things with BUTTERNUT SQUASH.. :roflmao:

:lol: okay, now i am officially ravenous. :oh:

Mmmmmm, olives :musthave:

The olives in Spain are humungous compared to the piddly, weeny little things we get in England in jars.

However, Sainsbury's do tins of scrummy black olives and I have to stop myself from buying them otherwise I eat them all and my stomach takes revenge :nosee:

olives. :slobber: okay, that nails it. i am off to buy groceries.

:bye:

lamb rogan josh without lamb! :roflmao: that's priceless! of course, the humour is only there for the lone indian on the board, i suspect. :p rogan josh is just so entirely non-vegetarian that no one here would ever think of supplanting the meat... and of all things with BUTTERNUT SQUASH.. :roflmao:

One thing I've noticed is that you can only ever get lamb rogan josh in restaurants here. They don't seem to do a chicken or beef variety :no:

nowm if somebody explained the concept of rogan josh, i could die a happy woman :lol::p

dinner tonight: tomato soup and quark pancakes. eaten simultanoeously, though from different plates :yes::oh:

nowm if somebody explained the concept of rogan josh, i could die a happy woman :lol::p

dinner tonight: tomato soup and quark pancakes. eaten simultanoeously, though from different plates :yes::oh:

lamb rogan josh is a kind of curry, in that case "lamb curry" no vegetables in the recipe, but Didi will give you more informations on the origin of the name and other ingredients included...

and i went :huh: at "quark pancake" as "babylon" was giving me this:

of the particles that make up atomic particles
as a translation..... :lol:

and for dinner i had rice, with minced pork fried with onion, ginger and :lemon: zest

quark is some kind of "almost cheese, but not quite there yet" :lol:

Ok, at first I thought you were saying lamb Josh Groban and was kinda puzzled.

I have a book called An Incomplete Education that promised to teach me what a quark is and pancakes is nowhere mentioned.

We have lots of lovely sizes & flavors & colors of olives here because of California. Olives are wonderful! :jump2:

Lamb rogan josh without lamb would be like Bell peppers & beef without the beef. Which is a running joke here as it's a gag in a Cowboy Beebop episode.

I have a book called An Incomplete Education that promised to teach me what a quark is and pancakes is nowhere mentioned.

well, i am not surprised. why do you think it is called an "Incomplete Education"?? :p

the pancakes were good, too :yes::oh: