The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Arts & Crafts

Moo isn't turning her back when cookie dough is out in the open.

:eye:

:db:

:p

On 12/20/2018 at 9:17 AM, Mackie said:

oh, the grey yarn is taken out again when you are joining it :idea: do you put the beads on small loops of the yarn? Or did you thread them on the yarn? :where: 

:hey: I didn’t remember to answer :blush2:

Yes the grey is pulled out to graft beginning to end :yes:  with big sewing needle and same yarn.

To add a bead I scoop one up with a .5 mm. crochet hook then catch the yarn of the loop where I want the bead, pulling it (the yarn) through the hole of the bead, then knit through the loop that is through third bead :huh2:

This is easier to do than explain :lol:

Self Portrait with Cowl (but no head :what:  )

12BE407B-7211-4EF4-AACD-FA0DD6081FC5.jpeg

CAF54549-5D43-4C52-97B5-1F8D800C8E8C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mackie said:

Moo isn't turning her back when cookie dough is out in the open.

:eye:

:db:

:p

:neutral: :duck:fair warning!

Wise of Moo :omm:

However, we doessssssssssssss NOT believe the knitting creation is easier than its explanation :nosee: 

Not when the results are so beautiful :oh: 

i just wish our door that should open but won't could open in Port Gamble at the Artful Ewe - i know you ladies would love it,

we would love to meet you there!

:idea: we can try to re-program The Door :yes:  :slam:  worth a try...  :yes2:   :sigh:  

:what: face pictures :nosee:  i will try a more composed version of moi :crazy: 

yes, from one point onwards one isn't too fond of seeing oneself in a photo. Argh. How I know that. :duck: 

That cowl is lovely, bess :yes: :up: and I understood the knitting with beads method. I find it much better than threading them on the yearn, because then you would have to push those beads all the time, right? :crit: 

so, some of my recent crochet projects:

the colorful one is a shawl / stole my sil bought off me … I had made it from yarn I meant to use for something else but that kinda fell through.

The darkish blue one I have stuck to my office bulletin board because it needs a bright background to see the pattern (I had to count stitches for that pattern like there's no tomorrow … :lol: ). The colors are called "grey loves petrol" but unfortunately they do not photograph well in artificial light. They are not quite as dull as they look here. My sis got this one for Christmas.

And the blue and green one was for one of my nieces. The other two got the same pattern in different colors: one was black to purple and the other black > grey > red.

IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7444.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7458.jpg

oh they are all lovely. :smart:  to make the one pattern in different colours, evidently a pleasant knit. the red/orange sale shawl is very good!

the complex one :einstein: is *very* effective :up: ...if time-consuming... i hope good vibes went in to every carefully placed stitch :huh:  :wink: :heart: 

34 minutes ago, Mackie said:

because then you would have to push those beads all the time, right? :crit: 

right! :crit: :neutral: 

The pity about the complex one is that you don’t see the pattern unless you hold it against the light.

everybody was happy with their gifts :yes:

The one I made in different colours is great, as the „pattern“ is all texture, it is an excellent showcase for colour changing yarns. I am on the sixth now :lol:

Good :yes: :gift3:  :gift2: :gift4: 

And yes on the complex. Especially bunched around the wearer :roll:

but I'm sure the owner knows it is special. An occasional swirl of fabric in light will impress others :wow:

A good make-it if Six of them and counting! :what: :lol:

I am still making ear-warmers  :freeze:

with none to show, they leave with whomever drops by to visit  :p

2 hours ago, bess said:

with none to show, they leave with whomever drops by to visit  :p

flighty little buggers :lol: :wink: 

yerss :run: :roll: the last is started, might be one i keep :angel:  and :photo:   :p

and so because working with plain knitting and brown yarn, while contemplative, is not stimulating, i am counting 216 chain stitches to start another infinity cowl in colour changing yarn :oh: 

A veritable hive of activity!! :bee:

almost finished a sweater for MadBro, had to get stripe-y creative when I ran out of wool!! So green with red-brown now, instead of green. It has cuffs that turn down to cover hands as far as middle knuckles, with holes to put thumbs through and a removable hood, which needs finessing!! 

Got lots of drawing stuff for Xmas :manic: