The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Arts & Crafts

Guest Candy

wow! :wow: Sue, the dolls are very cool! :smooch:

Sue - utterly brilliant! I never got to grips with paper sculpture - just not precise enough I guess. But those are just to die for!

… and somebody else is doing lace and has a blog for it, too :yes: :hint hint:

there's a blog? :shock::light:

oh sue! the paper dolls! i LOVE these. they're entirely amazing. i don't know how you manage them. :oh: LOVE the artist. :yes:

Guest Sue
oh sue! the paper dolls! i LOVE these. they're entirely amazing. i don't know how you manage them. :oh: LOVE the artist. :yes:

Thanks - the artist is one of the oldest - I was maybe 13 when I made that one.

i thought that Jana meant you with "the artist" :lol: which i found totally correct, since i love the artist too :lol:

The penguins rule :yes:

Reading through this lovely thread has made me realise that I don't do any art and craft type thing whatsoever :shock:

I think I need a hobby.

well, with a place of your own you might actually find space to do something, too :yes:

is there anything you think you would like to try?

well, with a place of your own you might actually find space to do something, too :yes:

:yes:

is there anything you think you would like to try?

:dunno: Can't think of anything.

Not really much help, am I? :lol:

Guest Sue
Reading through this lovely thread has made me realise that I don't do any art and craft type thing whatsoever :shock:

I think I need a hobby.

What about the bead bracelets and things you made?

What about the bead bracelets and things you made?

I think I'm after something a bit more challenging :yes:, but something I can do at home.

Guest Sue

For my birthday Karen gave me a fantastic craft book - talks you through a myriad of different craft projects, so you could try a few and see what you enjoy. I will let you have the book details in case it appeals to you.

For my birthday Karen gave me a fantastic craft book - talks you through a myriad of different craft projects, so you could try a few and see what you enjoy. I will let you have the book details in case it appeals to you.

:flower::joy::smooch:

:idea: you could bring it on the 27th, if its not too bulky (I'll swap it for your birthday pressie :wink:). I'll photocopy the stuff I like the look of and post it back :yes: (or give it to Rain to bring back in July)

I do like the idea of making stained glass :yes:. Though I guess that's not a do it at home type thing. Might see if there are any workshops I can go and watch.

I used to have a Big Book of Arts & Crafts when I was about 10 :yes: Really should've kept it :wail:

Guest Sue

It's a small but thick book which will not copy well (and I do hate broken spines on books), but I can certainly bring it along for you to have a look at - but why not just check out a few second-hand bookshops; there are always loads of craft books.

It's a small but thick book which will not copy well (and I do hate broken spines on books), but I can certainly bring it along for you to have a look at - but why not just check out a few second-hand bookshops; there are always loads of craft books.

I had a look in the Oxfam bookshop on Saturday, but they had nothing. I'll hunt around for a craft shop in London.