The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Arts & Crafts

:hey:

should anyone be interested, i isolated 6 Lego kits, each have specific pieces missing from their inventory.  next to assemble them, :crossed: find replacement bits in the big tub of leftovers.

in another matter, posting my paper star how-to here - before i forget how to make them :old::roll:

cut 5 squares of paper, make 5 frog folds of each, stack them, glue to one to another at adjoining faces, open out in a round fan. tie shut.

oh, and well done on the Lego! :up:  :yes: finding the missing pieces might be a bit of a challenge … :crit:  :where: 

...especially when a person is sure they have just seen it. somewhere around :panic::neutral:  if they did. :huh2:   :duh: dah...

so, a frog fold, fold the square of paper in half and open again widthwise, lengthwise and diagonally. .

From opened flat, bring two opposite points together, then push the adjacent points inwards. There are two outside square faces (back and front) and the folded points within them. That is  a frog-fold. There is probably another name for that fold,  my searches  brought up the origami hopping frog :frog: which wasn't what I was after.

I m going to test that tomorrow with a piece of paper :lol: it is too late, i cannot make my brain do it :p 

By then I might have brain enough to put a picture... :idea: I could try now....

image.jpeg

it did :yes::up:    ah!   :idea: now I see :yes:

this is the frog base - starts the same but goes on for a bit. :frog: 

(I never remember the names for the folds :lol::old: )

good :up:  and me neither :lol:  too  :silly2: 

ta for the link!

:up:

Tats and I did a bit of seasonal cake decorating, as is our wont, so here is the Hogmanay cake (as seen on FB)

WP_20171229_17_08_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20171229_17_08_45_Pro.jpg

it is fantastic, mad!! :up:  :cake: :raptor: (< I know it's the wrong one :wink: )

I made a poem for it too..

how pleasant to know a plesiosaur: All neck, tail and flippers, and amiable roar. He likes a good wallow, and fish he can swallow - as far as can be from a Tyranno-bore!

:roflmao:  ditto!  :jump:  poem and  :bigcake:  is it a fruitcake under the fondant? brilliant indeed-y !  

I THINK it's fruitcake..

there is marzipan involved (yuk) so probably!