The Hidden Fortress
Mackie

Arts & Crafts

When I make something as a present I keep coming up with reasons why people won’t like it. 😳

:crit: The recipients are VERY lucky to get presents so unique and personal.

I'm sure your recipient will like it very much :yes:

I hope so :p I tried to take a picture of the whole of it (with my phone :blush2: ) to show the gradient; it's running from a slightly purple blue over light and dark turquoise to slate grey.

IMG_9873.jpg

Very nice! The colour change is elegant :yes:

Happy birthday to the recipient ❤️

What Bess said - very elegant :oh:

It arrived and she is happy with it :manic:

I usually send self-made stuff in an insured package so it doesn’t get lost; unfortunately the ATM ate my card (broken machine) and I only had the cash left for a simple package - so I was a bit on the edge of my chair until she said it arrived. :sweat:

And the new card is on the way, too.

Wh-oh, bad luck good luck :seesaw:

And yay! :jump2: that it is a success :manic:

Er, very late seeing this :shock:

And, yes, good luck canceling out bad :omm:

:swoon: turned out lovely! 

bess, i don’t think i’d have the patience! though i’d enjoy the sorting side of it.......

i gave in and and got some DK wool in shades from dark teal to purplish with a shiny thread running through... well it was in the sale after all! - to make a summer wrap. still need to finish the emerald green cotton sloppy sweater first. while there is still summer..... 

Plenty of summer left :manic:

:chacha:

I finished the sweater a while ago. Knitting socks furiously now...perfect summer project they said. Am on the third sock from a skein meant for two socks. The socks don't match except in colour...a turquoise with silver strand in it. This ii a fun not bothering to match :lol:

B7D543A7-E71F-4C6A-B674-ABEE102B7423.jpeg

:oh: love the sweater! delicious gradient. 

teehee @ the 3rd sock from 2 sock yarn. Perhaps your feet are smaller than they expect them to be? :p you're no hobbit, after all.

Mad, I am one for doing winter stuff in summer :lol: though I must say, right now I switched to summer stuff - still doing all kinds of shawls and wraps. Finished one right before leaving home, I'll see if I can take a picture of it here. Not really sure if I'll keep it - I have so many already … :blush2: If somebody happens to admire it, I may offer it for adoption. :p 

what's DK wool, mad?

I went for the luxury stuff and ordered some Lana Grossa to delivered here, and it arrived today :manic: It's going to be yet another wrap, of course …  :lol: I found a pattern and it was done in this particular yarn (different colour, though), and it's cotton and linen, very summery. Colours are more autumnal, though (mine, not the original ones). It came in a nice bag and can stay in it during work. :up: 

IMG_0366.jpg

The sweater is :swoon: the color is gorgeous to start with, and the pattern with the varying shades is just subtle and lovely :oh: